Chicken, Sausage, & Shrimp Gumbo  » Recipes  »
  • At first when I was younger I hated gumbo and never like what people had put in it but as I got older I had manage to make my own gumbo and start putting the stuff I like in it and not using what others had put in it
  • You will enjoy this recipe because I know I certainly do

• by Micole

I have been eating gumbo for a couple years now it is so fulfilling a good. At first when I was younger I hated gumbo and never like what people had put in it but as I got older I had manage to make my own gumbo and start putting the stuff I like in it and not using what others had put in it. It turned pretty good and now I like to cook it all the time. It is a small meal but keeps you full and satisfied. The Chicken, Sausage, &

Shrimp Gumbo has all my favorite ingredients it gives it that southern taste. Here is the ingredients that you can use:

1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup flour 2 celery stalks, chopped 2 garlic cloves, pressed 1 green pepper, chopped 1 medium sized onion, chopped 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken thighs 1/2 lb. chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch rounds 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, chopped 1 Tablespoon minced fresh thyme 1 Tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves 3/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper 1 lb. medium shrimp,

• shelled & deveined 1 cup long grain rice

Get a large pot so you can heat up the flour and the oil together till it turns brown on medium heat. It should take about 15 minutes for the process for that. After that cook all the vegetables in its own separate pot over medium heat with a little oil so it won’t stick. Mix the broth in with the flour and the oil you was preparing earlier till it is smooth through out. Next you add all the ingredients together and add at least 4

cups of water or it can be dark beer if you like. After let it get to the boiling stage then slow it to simmer for about 40-50 minutes uncovered. Lastly add the shrimps to it and let it cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Once your done with that it is done.

You will enjoy this recipe because I know I certainly do. I like to cook occasionally when I have the time but it is well worth it when it is finish. While cooking I like to smell the food because it has your whole house smelling like a restaurant. This is a recipe that I know you would absolutely love.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4928061164480430/k2311a0628/6.28.10