Dove Go Fresh Moisture Beauty Bar in Cucumber and Green Tea scent
  • Not that it ensued bad things, but the milky Beauty bar, a slightly tweaked dupe from the original formula, was becoming boring fragrance-wise
  • I love the vegetal scent of this bar, an olfactory delight to one’s senses
  • I think the reason lies on its milky formula which hugs its already inherent coconut-smelling base, the combination really brings a caressing whiff of a uniquely tropical fragrance
  • Before, I used to hate dove’s melt-on-your-skin consistency, but now I’m close to becoming a convert since [I believe] they changed the traditional formula of their soaps

• by jhunie

Well, besides the sparkling bubbly shower gels sitting in my bathroom, I must say Dove bars truly make good soaps in the shower. The cucumber-scented bar will be my favorite amongst the bunch of sweet-smelling fruity soaps in their Go Fresh products. 2 months of lathering with Dove’s patented beauty bar made my showers a bit of a glum. Not that it ensued bad things, but the milky Beauty bar, a slightly tweaked dupe from the original formula, was becoming boring fragrance-wise. There’s no notable difference relatively of the Go Fresh bars, other than the oomph of freshness in the bar’s invigorating scents. I stopped washing with Dove’s lemon-scented soap because I got more than its citrusy smell. Surprisingly, the bar was speckled with grainy particles which I suppose were meant to add an exfoliating benefit. This time, I opted for Dove’s cucumber and green tea bar which smells nothing like any bar of soap I’ve used.

I love the vegetal

scent of this bar, an olfactory delight to one’s senses. I’m a fragrance buff so I’m quite hard to please when it concerns sniffing scents. This bar truly resembles fragrant cucumbers and I love that it’s not sweetly gourmand, with slightly bitter undertones – which give its miniscule tea vibe. I understand dove is extending their range to compete alongside other similar fruity-flavored bath soaps, but this differs in a certain way by how the fragrance stays smelling mild and organic nonetheless. It’s not heavily perfumed with obvious artificial scents. I think the reason lies on its milky formula which hugs its already inherent coconut-smelling base, the combination really brings a caressing whiff of a uniquely tropical fragrance. The overall mood of the bar depicts the cool sensation of cucumber slices, since they’re generally associated to have beneficial properties for the skin. I personally like to lounge with cucumber slices placed over my eyes to soothe puffiness, this however, replicates the ...

• feeling for my entire body in each wash.

I think most people are familiar to dove’s moisturizing lather, it doesn’t feel quite as soapy as regular soaps but I always long for its creamy less foamy lather on my body. Fortunately, the bar isn’t laden with tiny abrasive beads or grains, making it such a gentle all-rounder cleanser for my body. It takes ample splashes of water for the bar to conduct into producing soap suds in the shower, especially, off the initial packaging. The same as Dove’s beauty bars, it creates a runny lotion-esque consistency whilst washing. Who wouldn’t love some dose of moisture especially in the shower where stepping out most often leave us to lament the spongy dryness of our skin? In effect, it agreeably leaves that smooth and a little slide-y texture on skin once you shower it off.

traditional formula of their soaps. The bars seem to be more compact now and don’t settle into a thick sticky paste of melted soap, without altering its winning attribute – moisturizing. Indeed, I feel my skin is normally (not excessively) hydrated. Gone are the parched bites of dryness on my skin that I suspect must have been the result of wallowing in my temperature-controlled bedroom with the air-conditioner tuned at full-blast. I specially love the highlight feel [and smell] of having gone out of the shower then touching my pampered towel-dried skin. However, I still make a point to slather some lotion to repel the dehydrating chill of my bedroom.

I’m glad this best-smelling soap suits me and I’ll surely have more of it the next time I run out. Well, I think just about any individual in this earth needs a basic body cleanser, hence, I recommend this to everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061164330430/k2311a0628/6.28.10