Sea Hunt: The Poacher TV Show  » TV  »
  • I love it when they explain some of these research projects and then show it to us, the viewers
  • The problem for me is that there is only one camera shot used when Nelson gets the poacher

• by Orrymain

Sea Hunt: The Poacher takes place in Silver Springs, Florida. This is actually the sight where a lot of the underwater shots for the Sea Hunt series are taken. In the show, Mike Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) is doing a scientific survey about whether or not salt water fish could living in fresh water. I love it when they explain some

of these research projects and then show it to us, the viewers. In fact, sometimes the explanations of what Nelson is doing is better than the actual plot.

Early on, an electric shock kills a bunch of fish and almost Nelson. He’s rescued by two fish and game commission officers and then helps them as they attempt to track down the poacher ...

• who has been killing the fish.

Ultimately, Nelson ends up catching the poacher himself. That’s because in order to reach the man, Nelson has to go underwater and then sneak up behind the man. The problem for me is that there is only one camera shot used when Nelson gets the poacher. We are solely focused on Nelson, and it’s really

awkward because we don’t see what the poacher is doing at all. All we see is Nelson holding a gun. It’s very poorly staged. Then after that, the fact that the poacher makes a move to escape is exciting but silly.

I did like guest star John Anderson, who played one of the fish and game guys. He’s just a wonderful actor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1028061163940330/k2311a0628/6.28.10