Ice Road Truckers - The Polar Bear Returns TV Show  » TV  »
  • I enjoy watching Lisa Kelly, who is the only female trucker on the circuit who really wants to gain acceptance
  • One of the things I like about Lisa is that she makes smart choices

• by Orrymain

For some odd reason, it’s really intriguing to watch truckers risking their lives as they haul gear over an ice road. That’s what we’ve seen for three plus seasons now on Ice Road Truckers.

This second episode of the fourth year of Ice Road Truckers had some sections that I was really interested in. I enjoy watching Lisa Kelly, who is the only female trucker on the circuit who

really wants to gain acceptance. She was first on the series last season and she earned my respect.

One of the things I like about Lisa is that she makes smart choices. In this episode, she had to decide whether to keep going to her destination with a troublesome break or return to her departure point. It was hard to make the right choice, but that’s what she ...

• was going to do. Fortunately, there was an intervention of sort and she didn’t have to go back.

For me, Lisa is the reason to watch Ice Road Truckers. She wants acceptance, but she wants to earn it, not have it handed to her. She has guts, but she isn’t too proud to ask for help or make that smart choice.

Also in this second episode, Huge, known as

the Polar Bear, returned. He was thankfully not around for the start of the series, which is never explained. The man knows his craft, but he’s vulgar. He swears a mile a minute, and that annoys me.

Ice Road Truckers is a great series. It gives us a chance to learn about a way of life most of us don’t know. You can’t beat the scenery either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1028061163680330/k2311a0628/6.28.10