The Young and the Restless - June 8, 10, 11,14, 2010 TV Show
  • The problem is that for much of Don's appearance, he was being overcome by tough acting Victor

• by Orrymain

Over the years, I’ve watched just a few episodes of The Young and the Restless. I tuned in quite a bit when it began, but it failed to ignite my interest. As a result, I’ve only watched a limited number of shows, either when it was the only thing on at someone else’s home or business or when a favorite performer was perhaps appearing on the show for a day or two.

The latter is the reason that I tuned in on June 8, 10, 11, and 14, 2010. On these days, actor Don Swayze appeared in the role of a dock worker named Shaw. Now Don

isn’t really a favorite per se, though I’ve seen much of his work over his career, but I am a huge fan of his brother, Patrick, who is my very favorite actor of all time. I just had to tune in to see how Don did.

Most of Don’s character’s interaction was with the character of Victor Newman, played by Eric Braeden. I remember Braeden back when he was Hans Gudegast on The Rat Patrol. The problem is that for much of Don’s appearance, he was being overcome by tough acting Victor. I’m sorry, but from the very first moment when Victor had Shaw backed to the ...

• bar, I laughed. Don Swayze could pulverize Braeden. I just didn’t buy the stage choreography, so to speak.

In the course of the story, the cliffhanger on Friday was ridiculous. It ended with Victor left in a boat to sink as the result of one small hole, made by Shaw. As water cautiously began to flow into the room, Shaw leaves, anticipating the boat will sink. It was stupid writing. Victor was left with a room full of things he could use to stuff the hole, not to mention a radio. It was poor writing and ludicrous staging.

By the way, Sean Young was also

guest starring on this show at the same time Done was on. She played the owner of a pub on the dock. Her Maggie has a longer run.

Also, The Young and the Restless music is still a great theme. It was always one of the best.

As for Don, he was pretty much the stereotypical short term nemesis. At the time of this review, for the dates shown, Shaw was still alive, so there’s the chance he could be back. If he does, I hope he gets a chance to do more than face off with Victor where he has to hold back like he did on these episodes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1028061163470230/k2311a0628/6.28.10