Marie Callender’s Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce
  • The first is that I don't like mushroom anything
  • I love green beans on their own, but not really when they are mixed with other foods, and while I was grateful that the infusion of cranberries was minor, it ruined it a little for me
  • I thought the beef tips were pretty darn good, but unfortunately, there were just a few bites of the meat

• by Orrymain

I’ve reviewed several meals from this company before and have recently tried a new one that I’d like to share. I wasn’t totally sure about Marie Callender’s Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce for a couple of big reasons. The first is that I don’t like mushroom anything. Mushrooms make me nervous and I stay far away from them, no matter what form they take. Second, I’m not a big cranberry fan, either. However, it looked like their part of this

meal might be minor.

I’m not sure why I bought this. I suppose I just wanted to try something new, and since it was on sale, I went for it.

The meal also comes with roasted potatoes and green beans. Actually, the cranberries are mixed in with the green beans. I wish they hadn’t been. I love green beans on their own, but not really when they are mixed with other foods, and while I was grateful that the infusion of cranberries was ...

• minor, it ruined it a little for me.

As for the potatoes, they were good. These were big bits of roasted potatoes. To be honest, there was mushroom sauce on more of them than I would have liked, but I scraped some of it off. Those were the tastiest pieces for me, but even with the sauce, they weren’t bad.

I thought the beef tips were pretty darn good, but unfortunately, there were just a few bites of the meat. I wish the

beef tips had been more substantial.

As I said, mushroom sauce isn’t my thing, but I’ve had worse tasting seasonings and sauce, and while there’s a lot, at least it’s not overwhelming like much of the gravy is.

Also, this meal was easy to prepare. It was just a matter of cutting a slit over the green beans, microwave, let sit, and eat.

The way to improve this product might be if they had more separation in the tray so that you could really eat what you want.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728061163450230/k2311a0628/6.28.10