Back to the Future
  • Time travel was not a new movie theme even back then, but I don't think anyone had done it this way before
  • I was especially impressed with the change in Marty's father

• by Frederick
      I was a teen when I’d first seen Back to the Future, and I was stunned, just like many other viewers, I’m sure. Time travel was not a new movie theme even back then, but I don’t think anyone had done it this way before: sending the character not to some different century and country but only 30

years back, in his own town where he meets his own parents, yet unmarried.

This is one of those movies that can be watcher over and over again, and it only gets better.

The first time I watched it, I was so blown away that many of those nifty little past-and-future connections flew over my head.

I had ...

• picked them all up later, during repeated watchings.

I still think it’s a great movie, smart, thoughtful, and funny.

And it teaches a valuable lesson, too.

Things we do matter.

Things we do shape our future.

Even the smallest detail Marty, the time-traveller, changes in the past affects the future, his own and his family’s.

I was especially

impressed with the change in Marty’s father.

In the beginning of the movie, he is a pathetic nerd; when Marty goes to the past, he meets the teenage version of his father and helps him to stand up for himself and the girl he likes.

Then Marty goes back to the future, and sees his father completely different: a confident, stylish man.

Back to the Future

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11301116310531/k2311a013/1.3.07