The Rolling Stones - Out Of Time (Metamorphosis Version Of Song)  » Music  »
  • Jagger comes in with the vocals and I have to admit that this string section is certainly an interesting sound and it works surprisingly well during the verse of the song
  • If you enjoyed the original version of Out Of Time I’d certainly recommend giving this version a listen, as it’s just as good if not better
  • Even if you didn’t enjoy the version of Out Of Time which appeared on Aftermath, I’d still recommend this as I was extremely impressed with the great sound that The Stones achieved on this song

• by Grimmy101

Out Of Time is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Metamorphosis. I’m aware that the original version of this song appears on the album Aftermath but I will be focusing on the version which appears on Metamorphosis which is an album filled with either unreleased tracks or different versions of previously released songs.

Again, to stress the point, this review is for the version of the song which appears on Metamorphosis which has some differences to the version which originally appears on Aftermath.

This version of the track opens up with a

string section playing the rhythm rather than the instruments which played the opening rhythm for the version which appears on Aftermath.

Jagger comes in with the vocals and I have to admit that this string section is certainly an interesting sound and it works surprisingly well during the verse of the song.

Even in the chorus, the string section gives the song an extremely full sound to it, but at the same time I don’t think the chorus sounds quite as good on this version of the song compared to the version which appears on Aftermath.

However,

• I will say that the chorus on this track sounds very full and I’m actually really getting into this section thanks to the excellent instrumentation.

The second verse abandons the string section in place for an acoustic guitar lead which is another nice touch which I don’t believe that the version on Aftermath has.

To be very honest, the version of this track which appears on Metamorphosis actually stands up to the version on Aftermath extremely well, it’s just as good if not better in my honest opinion, and this is very surprising to me.

This version

doesn’t abandon the good things about the version which appears on Aftermath but it certainly adds a new dimension to the track by changing a few things around and I was pleasantly surprised with this version to be totally honest.

If you enjoyed the original version of Out Of Time I’d certainly recommend giving this version a listen, as it’s just as good if not better.

Even if you didn’t enjoy the version of Out Of Time which appeared on Aftermath, I’d still recommend this as I was extremely impressed with the great sound that The Stones achieved on this song.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1428061163040230/k2311a0628/6.28.10