Iron Maiden - When Two Worlds Collide (Song)  » Music  »
  • The song opens up with a somewhat ominous sounding part which is driven by this interesting clean guitar part before Bayley comes in with the vocals of the track
  • The vocals for the chorus after the solo unfortunately come in pretty abruptly so this is an awkward transition for the song and Bayley’s vocal tone certainly doesn’t help the track either
  • However, I will say that I like the change a bit past four and a half minutes into the song because I noticed that the track still had a fair amount of time to go and I was dearly hoping they just wouldn’t play around and keep repeating the chorus but thankfully Maiden adds in a new section which certainly helps the track and keeps it drawing extremely repetitive and boring

• by Grimmy101

When Two Worlds Collide is a song by Iron Maiden which appears on their album Virtual XI. The song opens up with a somewhat ominous sounding part which is driven by this interesting clean guitar part before Bayley comes in with the vocals of the track.

I’ll be honest and say I’m not a fan of Bayley with Iron Maiden at all but I’ll say that this is one of the few tracks which I don’t completely mind his vocals on.

The song then picks up and gains a more aggressive tone and it certainly begins to sound more like traditional

Iron Maiden.

Bayley’s vocal melody on this track is extremely catchy and although I’m not a huge fan of his vocal tone on the track, I won’t deny that he’s alright on this track.

A nice melodic lead comes in at about two minutes into the song and the use of keyboards in this track benefits Iron Maiden greatly as they help to add another level to the background music of the track.

The instrumental section of this track starts out in this melodic fashion and gradually builds into the more traditional Iron Maiden sound with faster solos and Harris’ galloping ...

• and extremely heavy bass rhythm.

The vocals for the chorus after the solo unfortunately come in pretty abruptly so this is an awkward transition for the song and Bayley’s vocal tone certainly doesn’t help the track either.

keeps it drawing extremely repetitive and boring.

Although unfortunately Bayley does do a lot of unnecessary singing towards the end of the track where he just repeats parts of the chorus which certainly isn’t a part which appeals to me.

Like most of the tracks on the albums done with Bayley, I’m not a huge fan of this song but I will say that this is one of the better ones to look into.

I personally can’t stand Bayley’s vocal tone so I hardly ever listen to this song, but if you don’t mind his tone, it isn’t a bad one to check out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1428061163030230/k2311a0628/6.28.10