Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo Red Raspberry  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I found this Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo with a red raspberry scent, I was intrigued
  • As with other Herbal Essences products, the smell is the most captivating part of the shampoo experience
  • I have always enjoyed the scents associated with these shampoos, and this one was no exception to that rule at all

• by Anasuya

Really, what drew me to this shampoo was the name “long term relationship shampoo” because it struck me as a little ironic given how often I change out my shampoo. My hair is very picky about the products I use on it, and usually the effects of a good product have no staying power with my hair. I have to strike a delicate balance to keep it looking great, and if I use a single product for too long, it seems that the balance eventually just fades away into la-la land. My hair is very oily at the roots and very dry and frizzy at the tips. I can’t use a straight conditioner because it’s too heavy and weighs my hair down considerably, especially if I’m having a particularly long day and can’t wash my hair more than once (and yes, sometimes I DO have to wash my hair more than once!). And I’ve always liked Herbal Essences shampoos because they seemed to have natural conditioners in it that were light enough for daily use, but still worked to

keep my hair moisturized.

When I found this Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo with a red raspberry scent, I was intrigued. It was more expensive than I had expected for Herbal Essences with a $7 price tag, and was specifically made to help treat damaged ends, just like I was experiencing! I was hoping the “long term” part of its name meant that it was good for continued use and it wasn’t something my hair would get used to within a week and then stop responding to, but really all the name meant was that it’s great for long hair, which is kind of a silly stretch of the imagination if you ask me. Luckily, though, at the time, my hair reached to almost the middle of my back, so I figured it was still a good fit for me.

As with other Herbal Essences products, the smell is the most captivating part of the shampoo experience. I have always enjoyed the scents associated with these shampoos, and this one was no exception to that rule at ...

• all. The red raspberry smell is just strong enough to be noticeable, but you don’t smell like you just took a dip in a vat of berries at your local grocery store. Though there is artificial fragrance in it, there’s nothing at all artificial about the smell of this product. I could carry around a sample of this product all day just to “huff” it when I needed a little mood pick-me-up, because it really is a sort of “happy experience” using this shampoo. Even my husband, who prefers a more manly shampoo, really enjoyed this one, and we definitely got every last little bit of use out of that bottle.

Like other Herbal Essences products as well, it lathered so nicely. It’s a light lather, but its also an all-over lather, and just a little bit of product goes a long way to thoroughly work through your hair and get every last strand as hydrated as it needs to be and that’s saying a lot when your hair is as long as mine was at the time. And,

because my hair was longer, the weight of it also tended to aggravate the oil production at the roots, and cause more oil throughout the day, but using this shampoo really helped keep that at bay and under control. Usually I can take a shower in the morning and by mid-afternoon I already look like a wet cat, but not so with this shampoo! It was bedtime and my hair still felt so soft!

That’s the other great thing about this product. It really did work to treat the split ends and the damaged tips of my hair and create a nice balance between my roots and the tips. Of course, my hair stopped responding to it within a couple weeks, as is pretty typical for me, but I enjoyed the experience while I had it and I still switch out my shampoos and have occasionally used this one since that first time, and had a great experience with it each time I’ve used it. And I’ll keep buying it too, because it does what it promises to do! 10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162940230/k2311a0628/6.28.10