Almay Line Smoothing Pressed Powder Light
  • I swear that five years ago I didn't even have to consider dealing with lines and wrinkles or anything that remotely suggested I was getting older
  • This is why I bought the Almay Line Smoothing Pressed Powder in the light shade
  • I haven't always had good uck with Almay products, but I thought this one might just be worth the $14
  • It isn't supposed to settle in lines (and I have that problem, thanks to my oily skin and some deep set laugh lines), nor is it supposed to clog pores (which happens pretty often to me as well since I have large pores and a lot of oily production)
  • Unfortunately, this is the lightest color it comes it

• by Anasuya

I swear that five years ago I didn’t even have to consider dealing with lines and wrinkles or anything that remotely suggested I was getting older. But, in these last five years, I’ve actually gone through quite a few major changes in my life including getting a job after a seven year hiatus raising my kids, moving in our first mortgaged home and then my husband losing the job he’s had for more than fifteen years. Needless to say, it’s been a difficult couple of years and the stress is weighing on my skin and face far more than I’d like to admit. I’m ony in my mid-thirties, but I sometimes feel like my skin is starting to look much older than that, and it’s been a little discouraging. This is why I bought the Almay Line Smoothing Pressed Powder in the light shade.

I have very fair skin, and I also have an oily complexion and am prone to occassional breakouts depending on my stress level and the weather at any

given time. So, when I buy a foundation or a pressed powder, I need it to provide more than minimal coverage, as most of the makeup out there is designed for, it seems. I haven’t always had good uck with Almay products, but I thought this one might just be worth the $14. It isn’t supposed to settle in lines (and I have that problem, thanks to my oily skin and some deep set laugh lines), nor is it supposed to clog pores (which happens pretty often to me as well since I have large pores and a lot of oily production). I figured it couldn’t get any better suited for me than that, because those are the two things I need in a powder.

The color was nice, but I still felt that the “fair” color was still a bit pink. My skin actually has more yellow tones in it than pink, so that tends to look a little unnatural on me, but it wasn’t as bad as I was thinking ...

• when I first opened it up in natural light and saw how pink it really looked in the packaging. I use an ivory foundation (though it’s not an Almay product), and the packaging actually said that this color works really well with ivory or buff colored foundations, so I figured it was still worth a shot, and I shouldn’t rush it back to the store and get a refund just yet.

I found that this powder is actually pretty good for oily skin. I have to blot my face periodically throughout the day to keep the oil production at a manageable level, and so powders sometimes don’t work all that well for me. But this one seemed to suck all the mositure out of my skin, and I’m not complaining about that in the least! In fact, it was the main thing I really loved about it. I also thought it gave sufficient coverage when used in conjunction with a foundation, but I doubt it would do much good as a stand-alone

product if you have pretty troubled skin. Not sure it was specifically a “line smoothing” product, but it certainly never settled in the laugh line creases or forehead creases, so that was good.

Really, though, I just couldn’t get over the color, which ended up NOT working out for me. It was just way too pink. And I tend to touch up my powder throughout the day, to keep shine under control, and this pink-toned powder just seemed to build and build over itself and really look orange by the end of the day and I just wasn’t pleased with that at all, because the color orange REALLY stands out on my pale skin. If they offered it in an ivory color, I’d probably give it another shot and might get quite a lot of use out of it, but as it stands, the color just did absolutely nothing for me. Unfortunately, this is the lightest color it comes it. Shame, because I liked it otherwise. Just too pink in the end. 8

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162760130/k2311a0628/6.28.10