Neosporin LIP HEALTH overnight renewal therapy White Petrolatum Lip Protectant  » Cosmetics  »
  • But, unfortunately, having severely chapped lips has put me on this road of experimentation which I can't seem to get off of
  • I used to use chapstick brand products until I heard they were addictive, and then I switched around and tried all kinds of other lip balms, and they either tastes or felt tingly and medicinal, or they just didn't work, or they contained flavoring in it which just wanted to make me lick my lips all the more, perpetuating the problem even worse
  • But, when I found Neosporin LIP HEALTH overnight renewal therapy in a white petrolatum base, I figured that might be worth the shot
  • I used to not be able to leave my house for even a couple hours ever, without lip balm in my pocket or vaseline in my purse, but I could've easily enjoyed myself for the morning without having to worry about all that nonsense

• by Anasuya

I’ll be honest and say that I’ve used Neosporin products in the past for my lips and didn’t really like them at all. It was the kind of lip balm that came in a small squeezable tube, and it always felt so watery, and it went on even looking a little white, tasting a little medicinal and almost seemed to be even more drying to my lips than I’d manage to cause on my own. But, unfortunately, having severely chapped lips has put me on this road of experimentation which I can’t seem to get off of. I used to use chapstick brand products until I heard they were addictive, and then I switched around and tried all kinds of other lip balms, and they either tastes or felt tingly and medicinal, or they just didn’t work, or they contained flavoring in it which just wanted to make me lick my lips all the more, perpetuating the problem even worse. Then I was using vaseline, but it’s such a greasy product that I always looked like I’d just finished chewing on a turkey leg with grease all around my

mouth any time I’d applied it. There’s a fine balance between greasy and lip gloss, and vaseline crosses that fine line by leaps and bounds, and not in a good way.

But, when I found Neosporin LIP HEALTH overnight renewal therapy in a white petrolatum base, I figured that might be worth the shot. It still had the petroleum in it that I knew would protect my lips, but it was a much thicker consistency and hopefully wouldn’t look quite so shiny and greasy going on. And, with it being thicker, I was hoping it would moisturize more deeply and I wouldn’t need to use it as often. I used to use chapstick literally every ten minutes, and would have a mini panic attack if I’d lost my tube of lip balm, and vaseline was only slightly better. I had to apply that stuff every hour, but at least it was a slight improvement. I still wanted something, though, that was small enough to carry in a pocket, and vaseline wasn’t giving me that because I hated their lip balm product which was not exactly like their tubs of ...

• vaseline and had a watery base that dried out my lips even more. This one was thick though, and came in a small container like a little thing of blistex with a screw-top lid. That was definitely do-able.

This isn’t like a thick product. It’s almost like a cream in its consistency, but there’s nothing at all watery about it. You’re only supposed to put it on at night before you go to bed, and within three days it promises to improve the condition of your lips. I didn’t know if this was the kind of product I really needed to treat my problem, which might have been more rooted in habit than in an actual need to hydrate my lips, but I was still ready and willing to try it. It goes on very smoothly, and there’s never an odd or bad taste in your mouth if you accidentally lick your lips. It has a lot of nutrients in it and emolients that are used to treat dry skin and to moisturize. I could feel the difference almost immediately, and I was thrilled.

I went to sleep that

night and the great thing is that when I woke up first thing in the morning, I didn’t feel the need to reach for my vaseline before even reaching for my glasses! My lips still felt moisturized from the night before! I was amazed at the staying power of this product, and was anxious to see how long throughout the day it would last me. Sadly, that first day, it didn’t last all day and I needed to apply vaseline a couple times by the afternoon, but that’s still a dramatic difference. I used to not be able to leave my house for even a couple hours ever, without lip balm in my pocket or vaseline in my purse, but I could’ve easily enjoyed myself for the morning without having to worry about all that nonsense. And, by the third day (or rather, after the third night of use), my lips were in such better condition. I have to give a thumbs up to Neosporin for perfecting their lip treatments. This truly is an excellent product and has reduced my dependency of lip balms dramatically. I’ll definitely continue to use it. 10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162630130/k2311a0628/6.28.10