Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • Granted, the bottle is large (a 33.8 ounce, which I think is the largest size that any shampoo comes in), but when I popped that cap in the store and too a whiff, I was thinking the scent alone was going to be worth it
  • My hair grows very slow, and I worked hard to get it to the length it was when I bought this product, so that really wasn't an option for me
  • Unfortunately, I went through it within three or four weeks and a $32 investment every month just isn't something I can ever indulge in
  • It's an excellent product and, when I can afford it, I'll definitely be purchasing more

• by Anasuya

There is really nothing like the smell of Rosemary in a shampoo to make you feel like you’ve just rolled around in an herb garden… but it a good way! It’s always been one my person favorite scents, and I have pots of it resting on my window ledges in the living room and kitchen, and sometimes I just like walking past it because it smells so good and kind of perks me up and gives me a good motivational slap to the sinuses first thing in the morning. So, when I saw this Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo, I really didn’t even read the bottle, I just picked it up, threw it in my cart, and headed to the checkout line. Normally I at least make sure that it’s good for my hair type, but I didn’t bother to check this time around.

And as for my hair type… it’s difficult to say the least. I have fine hair, oily at the roots and dry at the tips, and only a good shampoo can help keep it in

check. I’ve tried cutting it all off and letting it grow from scratch, but if I’m not careful with it, keep away from the styling products and blow dryers, and shampoo it with a quality product, I’m back to having damaged hair and split-ends within a couple weeks. It’s been a frustrating process. One thing I have to say about this shampoo is that it’s very expensive, at about $32 a bottle. Granted, the bottle is large (a 33.8 ounce, which I think is the largest size that any shampoo comes in), but when I popped that cap in the store and too a whiff, I was thinking the scent alone was going to be worth it. And I wasn’t wrong either, because it really was a revitalizing and aromatherapeutic kind of smell. The whole bathroom ended up smelling like rosemary and mint first thing in the morning and I don’t figure there’s a better way to start the day.

And luckily for me, the bottle did say that it’s good for fine and normal hair types, but ...

• it’s mostly advertised as a sort of aromatherapy kind of product to treat the “body and mind” as the bottle puts it. And it does just that. Not only did I feel good emotionally, and stress free (I loved taking a second bath at night just so I could relax with this smell permeating through the room), but my hair looked and felt great as well.

For so many years I had to deal with this imbalance in my hair that made me look and feel a little tired and wanting to just shave everything off, right down to the bare scalp, and start all over again. My hair grows very slow, and I worked hard to get it to the length it was when I bought this product, so that really wasn’t an option for me. I trudged through and then found this gem of a product that had me wishing I was a millionaire and could buy as much of it as I wanted. Unfortunately, I went through it within three or four weeks and a

$32 investment every month just isn’t something I can ever indulge in. But, when I feel like treating myself every few months, I invest in a bottle of this shampoo and use it until the last little bit is gone (which is quicker and quicker each time because now my husband and teenage sons are partaking of it, thinking I don’t know they’re sneaking my shampoo behind my back!).

I think my hair felt and looked great. It had some volume to it, and the oily roots were practically a thing of the past. Usually, I’d take a shower around 8am, and by 6pm, my hair would look and feel heavy and oily. But with this shampoo, I could actually wake up the next morning and not have to worry about oily-looking hair, and I’ve only found a handful of products with that kind of staying power. So, to say it’s worth the price isn’t saying enough as far as I’m concerned. It’s an excellent product and, when I can afford it, I’ll definitely be purchasing more. I highly recommend it. 10

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162580130/k2311a0628/6.28.10