BioInfusion Professional Rosemary Mint Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • Lately, I've been looking for shampoos that have natural ingredients in them, and I try to avoid artificial fragrance if at all possible (which is hard to do these days)
  • It cost about $10 which may seem higher than usual, but it was a very large thirty ounce bottle, and one of the great things about the bottle is that it had a pump nozzle and you don't have to twist or flip and caps and shake the bottle to get the stuff to come out (and, if you're like me, you drop it because you're hands are soapy, and shampoo gets everywhere
  • I know you may be thinking that you don't want to put Italian cooking into your hair, but it's a very therapeutic and relaxing scent
  • Along with the rosemary is camphor and menthol, so it definitely has a minty undertone to it
  • If I shampooed before 10am, by 9pm, I was looking a tiny bit oily at the scalp, but really that's not that bad considering the control I finally got over my damaged ends and all that frizz which, during this time of year when the humidity is at its worst, is really a problem for me

• by Anasuya

I’m on a shampoo kick it seems, as I’ve reviewed probably fifty different kinds of shampoos! It’s sad that I’ve used that many, but honestly, that doesn’t even touch the tip of the iceburg. I change out my shampoo on a bi-monthly basis, if not more than that because, quite frankly, my hair gets tired of shampoo pretty quick, and what works great on day one is sub-par by day fifteen. Lately, I’ve been looking for shampoos that have natural ingredients in them, and I try to avoid artificial fragrance if at all possible (which is hard to do these days). One product I ran across was the BioInfusion Professional Rosemary Mint Shampoo. It cost about $10 which may seem higher than usual, but it was a very large thirty ounce bottle, and one of the great things about the bottle is that it had a pump nozzle and you don’t have to twist or flip and caps and shake the bottle to get the stuff to come out (and, if you’re like me, you drop it

because you’re hands are soapy, and shampoo gets everywhere… maybe that’s just me).

The first thing I really loved about this shampoo was the scent. Rosemary has a very distinctive scent to it that reminds me of Italian cooking. I know you may be thinking that you don’t want to put Italian cooking into your hair, but it’s a very therapeutic and relaxing scent. There IS artificial fragrance in this shampoo, which bothers me, because there’s some fantastic ingredients here that could stand on their own as far as scent went. Along with the rosemary is camphor and menthol, so it definitely has a minty undertone to it. If they had just left the artificial fragrance out of it entirely, it would’ve smelled so much more pure and refreshing.

My hair has very oily roots and very dry and damaged split ends, and rosemary is supposed to be good to treat both problems, or at least create some sort of balance between the two. The mint smell is mostly just to perk you up, wake up your ...

• senses, get you going first thing in the morning with something that’s refreshing and inviting, but the rosemary is what works to really repair the damage and protect your hair from environmental impurities. This shampoo lathered decently, but I felt the need to wash twice just to make sure it was a thorough clean. For whatever reason, a good foaming lather lets me know it’s working, otherwise I feel like the job was only half done. But, the smell permeated the bathroom with just the first round and it really did wake me up!

My scalp felt tingly because of the menthol and camphor in it, but it was a pleasant sensation. I wasn’t used to it at first and my first reaction was to rinse it out quickly, because I thought I was having an allergic reaction, but I let it go and really ended up enjoying it. Now I kind of look forward to that sensation whenever I’m shampooing, and my hair feels a little lifeless without it.

This shampoo did wonders for my dry

and brittle ends. Of course, there are results immediately, but I found that the situation only improved more the more I used this product. After a few days, my split ends and frizz were pretty much inconsequential. The oil production at the roots seemed to be minimized, though I still looked a little greasy after a long day. If I shampooed before 10am, by 9pm, I was looking a tiny bit oily at the scalp, but really that’s not that bad considering the control I finally got over my damaged ends and all that frizz which, during this time of year when the humidity is at its worst, is really a problem for me. I usually have pretty limp and lifeless hair too, but this shampoo even added a bit of body to it, because it’s a very light shampoo and never weighed my hair down with loads of product. I could run my fingers through my hair without any tangles, and end up with a lot of movement as a result. I’ll definitely buy this shampoo again. 9

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162480130/k2311a0628/6.28.10