Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Solutions Flat to Volume Shampoo
  • But I know the volumizing properties worked, because for the first half of the day my hair looked great
  • I was a little disappointed, however, that it didn't do quite as well at treated the frizzy and damaged ends of my hair as the 2 in 1 product had
  • I was happy to see that I could come home from work at 9pm, and my hair still felt like it had some spring to it, and that's despite the humid weather we've been experiencing
  • It's a fantastic product and I highly recommend it

• by Anasuya

I had tried (and just reviewed) the Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Solutions Flat to Volume Shampoo 2 in 1 Plus Conditioner, and really liked it, but at the same time felt there could be a couple improvements to how well it worked for me and my particular tastes. My hair is always an area of contention for me because it almost never seems to do what I want it to do. Right now, it’s about shoulder length, so that’s not really long enough weigh it down, yet it always looks so flat against my scalp all the time. I really get fed up with how lifeless and dull it looks, and so I switch out shampoos pretty regularly to try to find a good product that would work to help give it a little breathable life again. The shampoo plus conditioner was good, don’t get me wrong, but I was hoping to try this one and see if perhaps leaving the conditioner out of it entirely would help add a little more lift and volume in the end.

Since my hair is very fine, any kind of

oils or conditioning can weight it down and, indeed, by the end of the day, using the 2 in 1 product, I could’ve easily used another good washing of my hair because it was starting to look oily again. But I know the volumizing properties worked, because for the first half of the day my hair looked great. I worried, of course, that taking out the conditioner would mean that my dry and damaged hair ends would end up acting up again, but it was a risk I was willing to take in order to try this one out. And, like the 2 in 1 product, this one didn’t have much of a stand-out scent to go with it. It’s not a bad scent at all, by any means, but there’s just no wow factor there. I’ve opened up bottles of shampoo and felt like I’d just stepped into a vacation at a spa, but this one was only so-so. That doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work, though, so I carried on.

This shampoo lathers very well, and really felt nice and airy going on. The 2 in ...

• 1 was light as well, but this one was just a hair more light (every pun intended), and it was a very easy product to work through my hair. I never felt like it was stripping my hair of natural nourishment, but instead, it felt like it was getting ahold of and removing the oily residue but leaving what needs to be there in tact. I felt confident using this shampoo, not only because I’ve used and liked the 2 in 1 product, but also because of the lather and how airy it really felt. It was like rubby bubbly foam into my hair. I love that kind of feeling.

I was a little disappointed, however, that it didn’t do quite as well at treated the frizzy and damaged ends of my hair as the 2 in 1 product had. However, I had a spray sitting around that I was able to use to control the frizz, and as soon as I used the spray, this became the perfect product. It really did add so much volume to my hair, right at the roots. It seemed to

pick the hair up right from the root and there was a lot of body and moveability in my hair again.And the truly great thing was that the oil production and the roots was pretty much under control for the entire day. I didn’t go to bed that night looking like something the cat dragged in, because the shampoo kept the oil to a minimum, so I was right to assume that leaving out the conditioning elements would make all the difference in how my hair looked after a long day. And the great thing is that the volume lasted almost the whole day as well. I was happy to see that I could come home from work at 9pm, and my hair still felt like it had some spring to it, and that’s despite the humid weather we’ve been experiencing. So yes, I’ll buy this product again, just as I’d buy the 2 in 1 again, and just use them depending on the weather, as that seems to dictate how my hair will behave half the time. It’s a fantastic product and I highly recommend it. 9

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162460130/k2311a0628/6.28.10