Canus Goat’s Milk Moisturizing Body Wash Orchid Oil  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found, when using this product, that the pump was a little difficult to maneuver, which was a shame because it was one of the main reasons it really appealed to me when I picked it up off the shelf
  • I will definitely be buying this particularly product again, despite the difficult pump (and maybe it was just that one which was faulty), because the smell was great and subtle, but still long lasting, and the moisturizing capabilities where at the level I need it to be during the summer months, and I felt the smell was pretty appropriate for the summer months as well
  • I like something a little more musky for the winter, but this was nice and light and fresh and I actually got a lot of compliments on it throughout the day, after I'd used it

• by Anasuya

I’ve tried a lot of Goat’s Milk products and have actually had mixed experiences with them, but when I saw this orchid oil version, I was actually pretty anxious to try it out. It was pretty expensive, at about $15 for the bottle, but it was a very large thirty three ounce bottle, so I knew that would last me a good month before I really ran out of it. It has a great pump nozzle that is fantastic because there’s no screw top lids or flip top lids to contend with, which can be funny when you’re hands are wet and soap. And I never even had to pick the bottle up to dispense any of it, at least not until I got to the very bottom of the bottle and unscrewed the lid entirely to shake out what was left, because I was determined to use every last little bit of this product before I threw away the bottle. It’s not a horrific high price, but it’s still costly enough that

I don’t want to waste even the tiniest bit of it.

Orchid Oil (which supposedly came from Thailand)has a lot of natural antioxidant properties in it that protect the skin from the dangers of environmental bacteria and harmful toxins. I was worried that the oil would be a little too thick and make for a greasy combination, but it’s actually very mild, at least when in conjunction with the goat’s milk original formula.

I found, when using this product, that the pump was a little difficult to maneuver, which was a shame because it was one of the main reasons it really appealed to me when I picked it up off the shelf. The dispenser doesn’t come far enough away from the bottle, so it’s hard to get a sponge under there good enough to catch the product as it comes out. Also, my pump kept sticking. Every time I pressed down on it, it stayed down, and I had to physically pull it back up to the original position. So much for ...

• having an easy-to-use bottle that you didn’t have to handle. I can’t count the number of times my hands went slipping all over that little pump, trying to push it down and pull it back up, and I’d end up just having to hold the whole bottle in my lap (when taking a bath and sitting down of course), and use both hands to finaggle the wash onto the sponge.

Still, I have to say this product smelled really fantastic. It was a very light scent that stood out to me because it was so subtle. I was worried, because of the orchid floral smell, that it would irritate my sinuses as so many other products do, but this one was very soft and relaxing. It does have artificial parfum in it, but I found that it didn’t bother me in the least and my skin never felt irritated.

Quite the opposite actually, because I really felt like my skin was getting the right amount of moisture without weighing me down with a

heavy or greasy feeling. I give that to the goat’s milk, because I always found it to be a very light formula, and it still amazes me that it moisturized as well as it did, especially given my mixed experiences with this product line in the past.

I will definitely be buying this particularly product again, despite the difficult pump (and maybe it was just that one which was faulty), because the smell was great and subtle, but still long lasting, and the moisturizing capabilities where at the level I need it to be during the summer months, and I felt the smell was pretty appropriate for the summer months as well. I like something a little more musky for the winter, but this was nice and light and fresh and I actually got a lot of compliments on it throughout the day, after I’d used it. It’s a bit more expensive, but it is a large bottle and a little bit goes a long way (assuming you can get it on the sponge).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162450130/k2311a0628/6.28.10