Trac Phone Prepaid Wireless Phone & Service
  • I am really impressed with the price and the quality of this phone and the service it provides
  • I would recommend this phone and Trac Fone to anyone who is looking for a cell phone for their kids that is not expensive in case they lose it or so that it isnt something valueable to get stolen or lost
  • It is great for an emergency type of phone, I use it for when my son is at his dad's house, so that I can keep in touch with him for a minute or two here or there and not so that he talks to friends for hours or anything, I think it would be more economical then to try to add a line to your wireless provider

• by Laura Lovell
      I purchased a Trac Fone cellular phone for my 9 year old son for Christmas. I am really impressed with the price and the quality of this phone and the service it provides. The phone itself I purchased at Target for $14.

99. The phone has a color display and is a regular motorola C139 Phone.

I liked the fact that it was only $14. 99 and that if my son lost it, I would only be out $14.

99. The phone is very attractive and compact, it is not the flip phone style but the one piece that has a keypad lock.

It has

text messaging ability, address book that holds up to 100 numbers, easy to use website and the activation process was moderately easy just a little more time consuming than I had anticipated. I had to purchase a seperate minutes card.

I got 120 minutes for about 27 which was a sale price, with TracFone the more minutes you buy the lower your price per minute. You must buy minutes about every 60 days to keep your phone active and your phone number active.

The lowest amount is 19. 99 for 60 minutes, which you would have to buy every 60 days at the ...

• least, but if you dont use your minutes they carry over after 60 days, as long as you buy new minutes every 60 days.

You can purchase these minutes at thousands of locations, or online. When I activated online I received 20 extra minutes just for doing it online.

My son loves the phone, it has several games easy enough for kids to play and he was able to send his first text message and make phone calls after about 20 minutes of explaining the phone to him. I would recommend this phone and Trac Fone to anyone who is looking for

a cell phone for their kids that is not expensive in case they lose it or so that it isnt something valueable to get stolen or lost.

It isnt just for kids either,I even thought about getting myself one. It is great for an emergency type of phone, I use it for when my son is at his dad’s house, so that I can keep in touch with him for a minute or two here or there and not so that he talks to friends for hours or anything, I think it would be more economical then to try to add a line to your wireless provider.

steven says :

what wireless provider are y ou guys

Jules Li says :

This is for Trac Phone, which is a prepaid wireless provider.

Sandy says :

I forgot the number - where can I find it on the phone itself?

John says :

Sandy, the route to find the phone number varies depending on which model phone you have. However, you should look for settings, or something similar. Then look for about or something similar to about. Your phone number is normally listed under about. However, this is not the case with all phone models. If you want the specific steps, you should say what type of phone you have.

george stebner says :

I lost my manual and need to know how to place my basic tracphone into the lock mode. Can you help me? thanks.

Jules Li says :

This can not be provided without knowing which model phone you have. However, you should be able to find your manual online. Just do a google search for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22301116240531/k2311a013/1.3.07