Firefly Wireless Phone  » Phones  »
  • The phone itself cost around $100.00 but I am now seeing them in the stores for as low as $59.99 in December of 2006
  • I would recommend this phone for the younger child for his first cell phone hands down

• by Laura Lovell
      I purchased a firelfy phone for my 7 year old son to use while he is away from home. The phone itself cost around $100 but I am now seeing them in the stores for as low as $59. 99 in December of 2006.

The phone itself is very cute for kids. It is small, compact which is good for small hands, but on the negative side easy to misplace and keep track of for kids.

It comes in blue but has interchangeable faceplates now in a variety of colors, as well as cases in several styles and colors. They include a

charger with your phone and the car charger is available to purchase seperately.

The phone is very easy to use and kid friendly. The face of the phone has no key pad just buttons with symbols on it.

There are pictures of a book for the address book, a picture of a man and woman for mom and dad, that makes it easy enough just to press those buttons to immediately speed dial mom or dad or whoever you want it to program. You can add several numbers to the address book, and the child can scroll to that number and ...

• hit the ok button and that number will be dialed.

The sound quality was great and the website and ability to add minutes and ease of adding them are excellent. The few drawbacks to this phone are the fact that it does not have a keypad, this was good for my 7 year old because I didnt want him to be able to call random numbers, but now that my son is 9 years old, I wanted him to have the ability to text message me, which you cant do on this phone.

Also the minutes are on the high end

of the prepaid phones when you subscribe through firely alone and not your wireless company. They charge .

25 cents per minute. You can find minutes out there prepaid for as low as .

17 cents that I have seen. There are cute functions on the phone such as a light show that blinks several colors.

I would recommend this phone for the younger child for his first cell phone hands down. It is great for the youngest ones who you may think are too young for a cell phone but may have a situation where you may need them to be in reach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37301116230531/k2311a013/1.3.07