Walgreens Sport Sunscreen Continuous Spray SPF 70  » Health  »
  • In fact, I found this product was definitely worth the $8 because it had a continuous spray nozzle which is so much nicer to deal with than the spritz bottles that wont spritz when they are upside down and it's sometimes impossible to hold a bottle right side up when spraying certain parts of the body
  • And I think that greasiness is exactly what contributed to the problem I had with the nozzle halfway into last month
  • I was spraying and the nozzle got clogged and before I know it it's hardly spraying at all one minute and then the next minute it seems like huge globs of this stuff is spattering all over the place (my clothes included)
  • It's hard to get a really direct spray without getting it on clothes, and it is greasy so it will stain, and I suggest you just avoid wearing clothes at all right after you apply it

• by Anasuya

Well, it’s that time of year when I have to start focusing on caring for my skin in more ways than just moisturizing. Unfortunatley, I have a very pale complexion which I actually normally love because pale is totally in on the runway any time of year, but when summer hits, there’s no getting around the potential for a sunburn. I’m not entirely sure why I felt so compelled to buy an SPF 70, because I actually remember having a conversation with a pharmacist once asking about the quality of a specific SPF 60 product that I had picked up and I remember her telling me that anything over a 50 is pretty much just as useful as the 50 itself, so you might as well save your money and buy a lower SPF because they just aren’t as affective at the higher numbers as product manufacturers would have you believe. Still, there’s something about seeing a higher number that tricks your brain into believing you’re really doing more to help protect your body against burns. And, this product wasn’t

really any more expensive than any other SPF 50 products, so I couldn’t see a reason NOT to buy it.

In fact, I found this product was definitely worth the $8 because it had a continuous spray nozzle which is so much nicer to deal with than the spritz bottles that wont spritz when they are upside down and it’s sometimes impossible to hold a bottle right side up when spraying certain parts of the body… at least not without help. The spray is a nice even one too, so you feel like you’re covering your skin completely and not missing any spots, and each area, every limb, is getting the same amount of protection (because if you’re going to get a burn, there’s nothing worse than ending up with a blotchy one!).

It’s a no rub spray as well, so once you spray it on you just have to wait for it to dry. Personally I’d have much preferred for it to dry a little faster, because I felt like I had to be careful with clothes and furniture ...

• until we were ready to head out to the park for the day. I was a little wet for a while, at least, that’s the only way I can really word it. I found that even when you assume it’s dry, because if you wait five minutes that should be plenty of time, it still felt really greasy. The smell was pretty typical for a sunblock, I wasn’t expecting anything fancy in that regard, but the greasiness of it was more than a little surprising.

And I think that greasiness is exactly what contributed to the problem I had with the nozzle halfway into last month. I was spraying and the nozzle got clogged and before I know it it’s hardly spraying at all one minute and then the next minute it seems like huge globs of this stuff is spattering all over the place (my clothes included). It’s hard to get a really direct spray without getting it on clothes, and it is greasy so it will stain, and I suggest you just avoid wearing clothes at all right

after you apply it. This makes it a little inconvenient for applying when you’re on the go. This is the type of product I would use before ever leaving the house.

The one good thing about this product is that it really DOES protect, regardless of the greasiness of it. I was out in the sun for a good four hours, and I didn’t end up with so much as even a little redness. It covers a wide area in a short amount of time, and I was sure I was always getting enough coverage on my skin because the spray is complete (when it’s not clogged). I think it’s a good product, though it could probably stand to be a little cheaper until they get the nozzle perfected and work on the greasy factor. Otherwise, I really do think maybe this time around the SPF 70 really did pay off. I burn easy and I felt really confident this was working. Didn’t wear off when I got wet either, probably because I was so greasy the water just beaded off of me! 8

Charles Brown says :

Does this sunblock contain nanotechnology ingredients?

John says :

No, it does not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428061162281230/k2311a0628/6.28.10