Matrix Sleek Look Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work, but when I read on the bottle that it's supposed to repair split-ends and not just mask them with moisturizers, I think that was really the big selling point for me
  • Problem is, I don't want to just keep cutting it, because I'm trying to let it grow out, so the only option was to treat it with as many different kinds of shampoos as possible until I found one that worked, and then wait until my hair was long enough to cut the split ends off
  • Unfortunately, it was a boring scent in a way, nothing much different than what I'd already experienced with a variety of other shampoos
  • That was probably the best compliment I could've received, and that alone made it worth the money I spent on it

• by Anasuya

Every time I see a shampoo commerical, I’m literally sick to my stomach, because these women all have gloriously shiny and bouncy hair, and then I rush off to the store, buy that shampoo, and I never get the same kind of look. My hair has been problematic for as long as I can remember, or at least as long is it matters to remember. I’ve never had great shine, and my hair has certainly never been manageable. The only shine I ever seem to have is from my oily roots, and trust me when I say that is really NOT in season… ever. I’m so jealous of women who have flawless hair, because it’s the one thing I’ve always desired. The only time my hair looks really good is right after I’ve dyed it, and used those fantastic conditioners that come in the dye kit (that I can’t seem to find sold individually), and even then sometimes, the split-ends and damage can’t be masked.

In a fit of frustration I spent about $25 on this bottle of

Matrix Sleek Look Shampoo, because I truly believed it would make me look like I’d just walked out of a salon. Sure, I was probably kidding myself, and sure, it probably wasn’t going to have nearly the result I was aiming for, but I couldn’t help hoping. And praying. I really hated the idea of spending that much money on a bottle of shampoo, but I’ve actually spent more than that in the past, so this seemed like the lesser of the few evils I’ve partaken of.

I wasn’t sure how it was supposed to work, but when I read on the bottle that it’s supposed to repair split-ends and not just mask them with moisturizers, I think that was really the big selling point for me. I could cut my hair every two weeks, and I’d still end up with split ends. I tend to go for a layered cut because my hair is very fine, and this is the only kind of cut that adds a little body to my hair, but a layered cut also ...

• shows the split ends much worse than they’d otherwise look. I always get so discouraged because I think I look great leaving a salon, but the very next day my hair already looks a little frizzy and damaged. Problem is, I don’t want to just keep cutting it, because I’m trying to let it grow out, so the only option was to treat it with as many different kinds of shampoos as possible until I found one that worked, and then wait until my hair was long enough to cut the split ends off.

This shampoo smelled pretty good, but for that price, I really wanted to feel like I was having an aromatherapy session with some famed Chinese herbalist or something. Unfortunately, it was a boring scent in a way, nothing much different than what I’d already experienced with a variety of other shampoos. Typical, in other words. But, it did lather really well, and I look for that in my bath and body products. I need it to feel like I’m realy getting inbetween every last

hair, and getting down deep into the follicle, and that’s exactly what this lathering did for me.

I felt like my hair looked fantastic the first time I washed with it and dried it off. I don’t use a blow dryer, so I just squeezed it dry with a soft towel and then let it air dry, while I combed it out slowly, working from the ends to the roots. By the time it was completely dry, I knew it was an excellent shampoo because my husband looked at me and asked if I’d cut my hair that day. Why? Because there were no split-ends visible and he assumed I’d had them all cut off! That was probably the best compliment I could’ve received, and that alone made it worth the money I spent on it. I wish it were a larger bottle and I wish it had a stronger and more prominent scent, but overall it was an excellent product. It gave me shine, movement and took care of those split-ends within the very first wash! 10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162121230/k2311a0628/6.28.10