John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I mean, I like my hair for the most part, even despite how finicky and difficult it can be, and would prefer to stick with my natural color verses changing it
  • It took about two weeks, but I definitely saw progress
  • People even started to compliment me on the color of my hair and I had a few people ask if I'd done the highlights myself or if I paid someone to do them
  • I love anything that has natural ingredients in it, and this one fits the bill on all accounts

• by Anasuya

The color of my hair has been the bane of my existence for more years than I care to count. When I was a young girl, I had this beautiful golden blonde hair, but as I got older, even as early as my tweens, it started to fade away into this awful looking dishwater blonde. I took to coloring it as soon as I was old enough to make my own decisions in regards to my hair, but after several bouts of damaged hair as a result of continual use of dye products, I had to eventually turn away from it, and just deal with the color of my hair as it was given to me (or at least as it had developed, because it was given to me naturally as a much prettier color!).

I had tried a few John Frieda products in the past and liked them well enough, and bought the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo specifically because it’s designed for people who already have blonde hair and want

to perk it up a little. I mean, I like my hair for the most part, even despite how finicky and difficult it can be, and would prefer to stick with my natural color verses changing it. The only reason I’ve changed it over the years is because of how dull it looks naturally and I always feel like I look so much older than I am (I’m 34), because of how dull it looks. It almost even looks gray at times! And this shampoo was only $7, so it’s not like it would be a total waste if it didn’t actually make my hair look brighter.

This shampoo works in a gradual way, so you can’t expect major differences over night, and I really wasn’t expecting to. But, in the meantime, while I waited for the magic to happened, and shampooed with it on a daily basis (sometimes twice a day), I at least could enjoy the wonderful scent. This shampoo has natural citrus and chamomile in it. I don’t generally take too well ...

• to floral scents, but chamomile and lavender are the two I can handle and thoroughly enjoy. The citrus worked really well with the floral undertones, and was very prominent while actually shampooing. I wish the scent lasted a little longer, because it seemed to fade almost as soon as my hair was dry, which was such a shame. The only time you could smell it after shampooing was if it’s right up against your nose, otherwise it might seem as if there was no smell there at all and never was. If they strengthened the scent a bit, then I’d be an even happier camper!

It took about two weeks, but I definitely saw progress. People even started to compliment me on the color of my hair and I had a few people ask if I’d done the highlights myself or if I paid someone to do them. Little did they know that it was all thanks to a cheap shampoo! And not only was my hair getting lighter and brighter, but it was also

very clean and felt healthy. The chamomile really added to the sheen and luster of my hair, which is usually dull and dry and damaged looking, and it felt so much healthier than it had been in a long time.

I can’t imagine dying or highlighting my hair again now that I have this product, because it provided absolutely beautiful results. I didn’t see the full results until about the fourth week, but my dark dishwater blonde hair finally seemed to have the health and glow in it that I remember for a child. My fine hair also felt a little fuller and had more bounce to it than it had in the past, which told me that this shampoo was definitely treating my oily roots. Basically, it’s just a great shampoo, but it’s also a great coloring product that occurs slowly and naturally over time. I love anything that has natural ingredients in it, and this one fits the bill on all accounts. Love it, and can’t wait to try more John Freida products! 10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128061162091230/k2311a0628/6.28.10