Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation
  • Yes, I get the occasional bumps but I get them regardless of any product and it’s definitely worth it
  • However, this product is expensive, about $40, so I suggest using it frugally if your budget’s tight
  • For anyone with skin problems, I would definitely recommend this product

• by sangwon

I didn’t understand the concept of putting on green foundation to hide your blemishes – wouldn’t it make your face look like it had green blotches? I have always been interested in blemish-covering products since I have a plethora of them. You name it, I have it… complete with large pores and constant blotchiness. Since I don’t have the money to invest in an airbrush, much less expensive skin treatments at the dermatologist, I tried green foundation with Physicians Formula. I was amazed at how well it made my spots of redness disappear if applied together with the correct shade of foundation. I was

curious to see the well the more expensive brands would fare out. So I went to Sephora and cringingly purchased Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Green at nearly $40. Up to date, this is the most I have ever spent on one cosmetic product.

This product had no fragrance, which is good for me because that would just be one more chemical that my skin will react to before presenting as hive-like bumps. When I put it on my face, I was surprised that it felt so sheer and light; it seemed to disappear into my skin. And the overall effect was a definite decrease in

redness. I applied it to certain blotches of redness, blend the product in, and that area toned down in redness to blend in the rest of my normal complexion. I felt like I was photo-shopping my face with this green primer. And if felt like I had nothing on! The coverage and cover-up was very satisfactory… I felt so tempted to try on other area of my body (didn’t though).

So this primer past the initial test but the real test was how my skin would react to it. Some women get little red or non-red bumps after wearing makeup. That would be a ...

• Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation
      joy for me to get. My skin reacts by developing these hard, large-radius bumps – it looks like my skin is reacting to an insect bite. I get them regardless of which product I use, but what matters to me is the frequency at which I get them. With this green primer, the frequency was noticeably less. I still got the bumps but the performance of the green primer was so satisfactory, it didn’t discourage me at all from using it. If I’m going out, there is no way I’m leaving the house without this cover-up.

I’ve been using the Photo Finish Primer in Green

for about a couple of weeks and I’ve already become reliant on this product. It makes my skin look next to flawless and it gives me a boost of confidence. Yes, I get the occasional bumps but I get them regardless of any product and it’s definitely worth it. However, this product is expensive, about $40, so I suggest using it frugally if your budget’s tight. I checked on the internet so if I can get it cheaper and discovered that you get it on ebay for less; I’ll probably try purchasing it there. For anyone with skin problems, I would definitely recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127061161990230/k2311a0627/6.27.10