Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones, MDR 7502  » Electronics  »
  • So that I would not wake everyone at 3 AM with my latest paroxysm of musical genius, I bought a set of headphones so no one has to suffer but me
  • It’s no problem for me at all to adjust panning and route effects to the right or left, because these sensitive headphones pick up every nuance
  • The other issue may be one related to my keyboard rather than the phones
  • So far though, I’ve been happy with these and they were very reasonably priced so I would still recommend them to musicians and music lovers as well

• by reviewabit

I’m a serious music lover and I play synthesizer. So that I would not wake everyone at 3 AM with my latest paroxysm of musical genius, I bought a set of headphones so no one has to suffer but me. I chose Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones, MDR 7502, professional grade.

These headphones are very good. I have a crystal clear sound, no static, no lapses in performance and very good adaptability to the various bizarre things a synthesizer can produce.

headphones pick up every nuance. They are light and comfortable on my head, and easily adjustable.

I’ve never had any problems with the cord shorting out like you can get with cheap headphones. There are really only two complaints I have ever had with these.

One is that sometimes the soft padding on the inside of the ear pieces make my ears itch. I have no idea why.

I should be fair and state that these are not the only headphones that have caused that reaction. It is temporary and goes away within a few minutes.

As much as I ...

• have worn them, it is worth noting that the pads and their cover are still just like new and not showing the signs of wear that I would expect. The other issue may be one related to my keyboard rather than the phones.

I cannot get a lot of volume from these, and the volume is not adjustable on the headphones themselves, so I must rely on the keyboards output. When connected to another audio source, I usually have no problem getting enough volume from the synth.

In fact, more often than not I am perpetually turning it down– but even on full

volume the headphones don’t really pick up much power. It’s not a problem so far, because they are set at just about the right listening range for me, but if I ever start losing my hearing and need them louder, I may have to buy new ones, because reprogramming all the output on the keyboard would be a pain! So far though, I’ve been happy with these and they were very reasonably priced so I would still recommend them to musicians and music lovers as well.

Note though that these are full size headphones, not ones you’d want to use with anything small like an Ipod.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627061161830230/k2311a0627/6.27.10