Dainty Rice, Brown Rice with Sundried Tomato
1.0
  • When I found their newest one Dainty Rice, Brown Rice with Sundried Tomato on sale for just $1.39 at my local Supermarket I just had to buy it
  • I thought this would be a fairly idiot proof side dish for our fish dinner
  • I was really disappointed with the Dainty brand as I prefer brown rice but this was just too awful to eat

• by Melissa Glenn

I am a huge rice fan, and I have bought many rice products from the Dainty line in the past. When I found their newest one Dainty Rice, Brown Rice with Sundried Tomato on sale for just $1.39 at my local Supermarket I just had to buy it. This rice came in a very attractive pale green box; on the front was a picture of how the rice would look when cooked and it looked like it

would have a lot of peas and carrots in it which I just love.

When I got this rice home I opened the cardboard box and took out the freeze dried can of rice and the seasoning mix. This rice by Dainty was easy to make, just add the rice, seasoning mix, a cup of water and two tablespoons of butter and bring to a boil. Then I had to let it simmer with a lid on for ...

• another eight minutes. I thought this would be a fairly idiot proof side dish for our fish dinner.

I did notice that while this Brown Rice with Sundried Tomato was cooking that it really stank! It didn’t smell like sundried tomato, it didn’t smell of seasoning, it just stank! I kept hoping the smell would wear off during cooking, but I was beginning to be sceptical especially as I could only see tiny fragments of freeze dried peas

and carrots, not the chunks advertised on the front of the 320 gram box.

This Dainty rice tasted awful. It tasted like I had cooked rice in bitter tomato soup! It was so awful that even the dog wouldn’t eat it, and neither would we. I was really disappointed with the Dainty brand as I prefer brown rice but this was just too awful to eat. Don’t buy Dainty Rice, Brown Rice with Sundried Tomato. For more information visit www.rizdainty.ca.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727061161670230/k2311a0627/6.27.10