Greenacres Solar Garden Lantern  » Housewares  »
  • I found the Greenacres Solar Garden Lantern on sale at my local hardware store for just $5 and decided I had to buy four of them
  • Due to our daily schedules we often garden well into the evening, and I thought these solar garden lights would be great to see by, and might help keep some of those pesky bugs away as well
  • These are excellent solar lanterns for the money and I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys flower gardens

• by Melissa Glenn

We love to garden in the Spring and Summer but find we need a little extra light in our flower beds. I found the Greenacres Solar Garden Lantern on sale at my local hardware store for just $5 and decided I had to buy four of them. Due to our daily schedules we often garden well into the evening, and I thought these solar garden lights would be great to see by, and might help keep some of those

pesky bugs away as well!

The Greenacres Solar Garden Lantern came attractively packaged in a cardboard box showing what one of the lanterns looked like.Even better it contained a diagram of how to assemble these individually packaged lanterns which is great if you are lousy at assembly’s like I am.

The lantern itself was quite sturdy; it consisted of a transparent base or (the lamp part) which had a black plastic lid on. I had to open the lid and ...

• remove a piece of protective tape so that the rechargable battery could be effected by the sunlight. I then screwed this base into a black plastic stem which had a pointed end to go about four inches into the soil. Once positioned I had to admit there was no chance this lantern would tip over in the flower bed due to its sturdy base.

I put these Greenacres Solar Garden Lanterns in my flower beds about noon one day. As

it turned to dusk the lights all came on and they were bright! Not only did they give off enough light so that I could see to water the flower gardens and do a bit of weeding but they did indeed help keep the bugs away.

These are excellent solar lanterns for the money and I would recommend them to anyone who enjoys flower gardens. You can find these garden lanterns at most major home hardware and garden center outlets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327061161660230/k2311a0627/6.27.10