Maybelline, the Colossal Volum Express Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I decided to buy this Maybelline the Colossal Volum Express Mascara because I trusted the name, the brand and it was on sale for an introductory price of $3.99CDN (soon going back up to $8.99CDN)
  • I thought there is no way I won't be able to find this mascara in my make up bag
  • The first time I uncapped this Colossal Volum mascara I noticed that the applicator had quite a few bristles of different sizes, just perfect for reaching my really tiny eyelashes at the inner corners
  • What impressed me most about this Maybelline mascara in Classic Brown is that it actually is a Brown mascara

• by Melissa Glenn

I have used Maybelline mascara for years, and when my regular tube of mascara wasn’t available my Cosmetician suggested I try their new one; the Colossal Volum Express Mascara in Classic Brown. Maybelline is one of the few cosmetic companies in the drug store who actually make a brown mascara and that is why I have stayed with them for years. I have a very fair complexion, and black mascara looks awful on me.

brand and it was on sale for an introductory price of $3.99CDN (soon going back up to $8.99CDN). I found the packaging quite attractive; the cardboard backing was done in purple with big yellow letters, and the tube of mascara itself is bright yellow. I thought there is no way I won’t be able to find this mascara in my make up bag.

The first time I uncapped this Colossal Volum mascara I noticed that the applicator had quite a few bristles of different sizes, just perfect for reaching my really ...

• tiny eyelashes at the inner corners. Using this mascara wand was easy; it was sturdy and the mascara didn’t clump to the wand or my eyelashes I was really impressed.

What impressed me most about this Maybelline mascara in Classic Brown is that it actually is a Brown mascara. Not brown/black but a really good medium brown color which is perfect if you have strawberry blonde hair like me. Once I finished applying this mascara I noticed how long and full my eyelashes appeared and how the mascara color blended really

well with my complexion.

The only downfall to Maybelline, the Colossal Volum Express Mascara in Classic Brown is the smell! I don’t know what possessed Maybelline to add a scent to this product as they really should not have bothered. Each time I use this mascara I get this rich floral scent which is totally unecessary in a cosmetic product. Luckily the smell doesn’t seem to stick around for more than a few minutes after I apply the mascara, but it is annoying in the process. For more information visit www.maybellinenewyork.ca.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127061161610230/k2311a0627/6.27.10