StartASL.com Sign Language Classes  » Education  »
  • I found it very hard to listen to my american sign language (asl) teacher when it came to grammar because it is very different from the English spoen language
  • I love this site so much that I have done interviews with her, written articles with her, and started a professional/friendly online re
  • That is literally the best advice that I could possibly give you
  • I know people who have taken my advice and used this site
  • If you are moved by the language and it speaks to you, then I highly recommend that you use this site to learn the beautiful and wonderfully passionate language of signing

• by forevergrateful12

This is a site where you can learn sign language. Sign language is something that I have always been interested in and has been a passion of mine since I was 12 years old. As the years went on, I lost most of my sign language and really wanted to gain it back. I wanted to become a sign language interpreter so I knew that I had to find a way to relearn the language. I also knew that I didn’t have enough money for formal classes. So I started seraching around on the internet and found some really wonderful resources. The best thing that I found was startasl.com. I have spoken with the creator of the site through e-mail just to learn a little bit about her site and why she gives out so much information for free.

And after I sopke with her, I knew that it was a site where I wanted to learn sign language again. She is a very talented and intelligent person who gives accurate and helpful information for free. She gives information about the history of sign languages, where you can take formal classes, books that she recommends, and has videos to help you start learning the language. She even has this wonderful workbook that you can use to follow along with the videos. She even self-published

these two books that are great. I have read them. Everything she wanted to know about sign language when she was younger is what she put in these books. She has them available on the website both as an ebook and you can order it in a paperback.

On the website, you can click on different lessons and levels of sign language based on how far along you are with sign language and then watch the videos to help you learn. These are interactive videos where you can practice conversation, learn vocabulary, and learn grammar rules. Just like any other language, sign language has grammatical rules and such and can be very difficult to learn and understand. I remember the first time I started learning about it. I found it very hard to listen to my american sign language (asl) teacher when it came to grammar because it is very different from the English spoen language. These videos on her site make grammar easy to understand and trust me, you get plenty of practice. I love this site so much that I have done interviews with her, written articles with her, and started a professional/friendly online re;ationship with her. I have learned a lot about sign language both from her and her site. I still can’t believe that she gives out so much information ...

• for free. She has a college degree in this area of knowledge, so you know that she is giving accurate information.

From using her site, I am so much further to obtaining my dream of being a sign language interpreter. I feel that her site has helped me prosper and helped me learn about the deaf community. Every time I use her site, I get closer to being ready for the exam I have to take. I feel closer to being able to communicate better with deaf people. It is such a beautiful thing and a beautiful language. If you have ever thought about learning sign language but didn’t have the resources to do so, use this site. That is literally the best advice that I could possibly give you. The creator of the site is an honest, knowledgeable person who will interact with you when you need help or have questions. She will respond to your questions and is always improving her site. I just can’t tell you enough how much this site really can help you. It’s the best way I have seen to learn this kind of language online. It’s very hard to do that since you have to use your hands to learn the language, but this site makes it so easy. You probably won’t be able to get enough

of it. I know people who have taken my advice and used this site. They would spend hours on it a day because it was so fun to learn. I can relate to this because the exact thing happened to me. I rediscovered my love and passion for the language and now that I have it again, I know that it will never pass me by again.

If you are serious about learning the language and have the will and drive to keep going, then I really think this site is for you. It takes a lot to learn a language, a lot more than you could ever imagine. If you stick with it and use this site the way you are supposed to, then it will definitely work for you. It did so much for me and I am so happy that it did. It just might change the way you look at life and the way you look at deaf people and the deaf community. The more people that are able to speak to the deaf, the better this life will be. If you are moved by the language and it speaks to you, then I highly recommend that you use this site to learn the beautiful and wonderfully passionate language of signing. It might be the best thing you ever decided to do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5027061161360130/k2311a0627/6.27.10