Megadeth - Rattlehead (Song)  » Music  »
  • Rattlehead starts off in an extremely fast manner and this is definitely the definition of early thrash metal in my opinion
  • I’ll also say that there are multiple leads on this song, I believe I’ve heard at least three or four thus far, I’ve lost count but as with the rest of the music, they’re extremely thrash metal based so they’re extremely quick and extremely aggressive
  • The song may seem like sort of generic thrash metal, but since this song was written when there was really no thrash metal around, very little I should say, it’s quite an innovative song and certainly one I’d recommend

• by Grimmy101

Rattlehead is a song by Megadeth which appears on their debut record, Killing Is My Business… And Business is Good. Rattlehead starts off in an extremely fast manner and this is definitely the definition of early thrash metal in my opinion.

The guitar riff is extremely rapid and Mustaine matches the speed and intensity of the guitar riff through his vocal delivery.

For those of you who don’t know, Megadeth’s mascot, the figure who appears on the majority of Megadeth’s

album covers is named Vic Rattlehead, hence the name of this song.

The track goes by extremely quickly, as do most of the songs on this record, just because of how quickly the song is paced and once one part starts up, you’re really going into a new part pretty quickly after.

At about a minute and a half in the song does slightly slow down, although the track is still heavy which is something Megadeth doesn’t compromise at all ...

• on this entire track and the majority of the record.

I’ll also say that there are multiple leads on this song, I believe I’ve heard at least three or four thus far, I’ve lost count but as with the rest of the music, they’re extremely thrash metal based so they’re extremely quick and extremely aggressive.

I’m not a huge fan of Mustaine’s voice to be honest, but I will say that on this track he doesn’t sound bad at all

because he has more of a powerful voice than his famous Mustaine snarl which many people have come to associate with him.

The song may seem like sort of generic thrash metal, but since this song was written when there was really no thrash metal around, very little I should say, it’s quite an innovative song and certainly one I’d recommend.

Megadeth obviously developed their songwriting on further albums, but Rattlehead is still an enjoyable song, particularly if you’re looking for thrash metal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427061161190130/k2311a0627/6.27.10