Iron Maiden - Losfer Words, Big ‘Orra (Song)  » Music  »
  • I can’t speak with absolute certainty but I believe this is one of the very few Iron Maiden instrumentals, the only other one to come to mind right now is Transylvania and I don’t believe that there are any instrumentals at all from Iron Maiden after Powerslave came out
  • The track has less solos than I thought but this is still a pretty enjoyable song in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

Losfer Words (Big ‘Orra) is an instrumental by Iron Maiden which appears on their album Powerslave. I can’t speak with absolute certainty but I believe this is one of the very few Iron Maiden instrumentals, the only other one to come to mind right now is Transylvania and I don’t believe that there are any instrumentals at all from Iron Maiden after Powerslave came out.

Back on topic, Iron Maiden always proved to be an excellent band musically so an instrumental is certain

something that sounds personally very appealing.

The track starts off with a nice and heavy guitar riff which has sort of a bouncing feel to it but certainly still sounds pretty heavy and Harris’ bass line adds another level of depth to this track as he usually does.

This rhythm continues for about the first minute where a melodic guitar lead comes in, along with an excellent bass line by Harris, and thus far you’ll get to hear both an aggressive sounding Iron ...

• Maiden and then the more melodic side of them.

The first guitar solo comes in at about two minutes into the track and I can imagine that this solo would just be one of many to hear on this track since Maiden always loved to put a lot of solos in their songs, and an instrumental is an excellent song to be putting multiple solos.

My personal favorite part of the track starts at a bit past two and a half minutes into

the song where you get a heavy rhythm, a nice melodic lead, and then an excellent bass line from Harris.

The track has less solos than I thought but this is still a pretty enjoyable song in my opinion.

I’m glad that the song isn’t extremely long because there really isn’t all that many parts on this song, but the ones that are on this track are certainly enjoyable.

This track doesn’t completely blow me away but I still think it’s quite a strong instrumental.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427061161070130/k2311a0627/6.27.10