Bob Dylan - Sara (Song)
  • The thing about this song which I love is the emotion in Dylan’s voice is clear and it’s obvious that the lyrics to this track have a more personal touch to them than the average song
  • Also, something interesting about this track, which really isn’t all that big a deal is that Dylan admits that Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands, the final track from Blonde On Blonde, was also written about Sara, I just sort of found that to be an interesting lyric although it isn’t extremely important
  • Overall, I personally enjoy Sara highly and would definitely recommend it just due to the personal power of the track for Dylan and the excellent lyrics, among my favorites of his to be honest

• by Grimmy101

Sara is a song by Bob Dylan which is the final track on his album Desire. I’ll be honest and admit right now that this is one of my favorite Dylan songs throughout his entire catalogue.

The track starts off with a somewhat ominous tone before leading into a harmonica bit and then the first verse.

personal touch to them than the average song.

The lyrics of this song are written to Sara Dylan during the time that Bob Dylan was estranged from his wife, so obviously the lyrical theme is somewhat dark and the mood of Dylan would be very somber with this song.

The bass on this song is extremely simple, but along with the harmonica, it creates just a very dark music for Dylan to sing above.

Also, something interesting about this track, which really isn’t all ...

• that big a deal is that Dylan admits that Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands, the final track from Blonde On Blonde, was also written about Sara, I just sort of found that to be an interesting lyric although it isn’t extremely important.

The structure of this song is extremely repetitive as it really just goes back and forth between a verse and the chorus but for some reason this doesn’t bother me at all with this track.

Generally I would get extremely tired

of this structure, particularly if the song is five and a half minutes like this one, but for some reason I just don’t mind with this track and can continue to listen to the song without getting bored, largely thanks to Dylan’s lyrics on this track and the somber tone from his voice.

Overall, I personally enjoy Sara highly and would definitely recommend it just due to the personal power of the track for Dylan and the excellent lyrics, among my favorites of his to be honest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427061160990130/k2311a0627/6.27.10