Jefferson Airplane - Crazy Miranda (Song)
  • I’m not exactly sure, but to be completely honest, I think that the piano adds an unnecessary dramatic or melancholy effect to the song
  • By the time Slick does come back in with the vocals, the piano has returned back to its normal pattern which it played throughout the first half of the song and so the conflicting sound is still there in my opinion
  • To be honest, by the time Slick’s second set of lyric lines ended I honestly thought the song still had somewhere to go so unfortunately I’d have to say that this song feels as if it lacks direction and as if it’s building up to something which never comes
  • This is a shame because the piano bit throughout this song is just excellent and has a wonderful pattern, but Slick’s vocals honestly just didn’t fit with it this time around so personally this isn’t really a song I enjoyed very much

• by Grimmy101

Crazy Miranda is a song by Jefferson Airplane which appears on the album Bark. The track starts out in a very melancholy fashion with a piano primarily leading the track with Grace Slick joining in with the vocals.

I’m not exactly sure, but to be completely honest, I think that the piano adds an unnecessary dramatic or melancholy effect to the song.

The reason I say this is because the music sounds extremely dark and everything but Slick’s vocal melody doesn’t match this

at all, so putting these two things together creates quite a conflicting sound.

After a while this seems to go away, or I’m just getting used to it, but I’m still not a huge fan of the sound of this track thus far.

At slightly under a minute in the piano starts to build up in a slightly more aggressive fashion so I imagine that the song would be taking a shift in tone but Slick never comes in with a new set ...

• of lyrics while the piano still likes this and basically this is just a piano lead.

By the time Slick does come back in with the vocals, the piano has returned back to its normal pattern which it played throughout the first half of the song and so the conflicting sound is still there in my opinion.

have to say that this song feels as if it lacks direction and as if it’s building up to something which never comes.

This is a shame because the piano bit throughout this song is just excellent and has a wonderful pattern, but Slick’s vocals honestly just didn’t fit with it this time around so personally this isn’t really a song I enjoyed very much.

Slick’s melody is catchy and everything but there’s just something about this track which really turns me away from it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427061160950130/k2311a0627/6.27.10