The Rolling Stones - Factory Girl (Song)  » Music  »
  • An excellent use of outside instrumentation and overall just good songwriting on this track in my opinion, definitely one to check out
  • This certainly doesn't have the traditional rock and roll sound of The Rolling Stones, it has a far more developed sound and one that is more interesting in my opinion, great track

• by Grimmy101

Factory Girl is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Beggars Banquet. Factory Girl starts off with a nice acoustic guitar pattern which actually reminds me of Led Zeppelin for some reason and then a tabla, an Indian percussion instrument comes in, which further reminds me of Led Zeppelin to be honest.

Jagger comes in with the vocals with a mandolin

playing behind him, or what sounds to be a mandolin, and I have to say that I’m enjoying this sound due to all of the unconventional instrumentation being used very well on this track.

There is also a fiddle on this track which actually takes a lead about halfway through the song which works surprisingly well with the rest of the song.

As you can ...

• see, I’ve already made some comparisons with Led Zeppelin because of the instrumentation which is used on this track such as the tabla, mandolin, and just sort of Jagger’s style of delivering the vocals.

However, the track doesn’t sound as just a Led Zeppelin rip-off or anything, this isn’t what I’m implying at all.

The song is extremely short at just over two minutes but

I have to say that it’s a very enjoyable song and pretty calming as well.

An excellent use of outside instrumentation and overall just good songwriting on this track in my opinion, definitely one to check out.

This certainly doesn’t have the traditional rock and roll sound of The Rolling Stones, it has a far more developed sound and one that is more interesting in my opinion, great track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427061160831230/k2311a0627/6.27.10