El Paso Zoo  » Entertainment  »
2.5
4001 E Paisano El Paso, TX 79904
  • We walked around the zoo and I wasn’t very impressed
  • The one thing that I was extremely disappointed about was the Elephant exhibit
  • El Paso Zoo is not the best place to go, if you plan on spending the whole day out
  • The above ground view wasn’t really interesting

• by adrean_j

I wanted to take my daughter to the zoo, so she could see all of the animals she was learning about on TV. She watches a lot of Dora the Explorer and Diego. So she was always walking around talking about monkeys, cheetahs, and lamas. We were both excited to go to the zoo, me especially, because the El Paso zoo had been promoting new additions to the zoo. The prices were nothing but affordable, at 10 dollars per adult and 5 per child. It was a nice sunny day, so we decided to pack a lunch to enjoy at the zoo that day. This also prevents me from paying high prices to eat in there restaurant. When I first walked inside, I could tell this wasn’t going to be the most eventful zoo. It looked plain and small. I could tell this zoo wasn’t the most popular, because it was fairly easy to find parking.

We walked around the zoo and

I wasn’t very impressed. My daughter enjoyed every bit of it. I guess it’s just because kids don’t hold the same standards as adults. She was just so happy to see the animals that nothing else mattered. As I was walking through the zoo, I only saw one new exhibit. This was the reptile exhibit. This exhibit was far better than the rest, but still left me wanting more. It was small, and displayed a few different creatures. What I liked was the dark room and black likes that the reptiles were displayed in. The exotic bird exhibit was the worst of all. It was very smelly in there and reminded me of a farm. I couldn’t enjoy looking at any of the birds, because all I could do was think about getting out of there as much as possible. The odor lingered on in my nostrils for at least a few minutes after I was out of the exhibit. There was ...

• only one tiger, one lion, and one panther. I swear I’ve seen many more cats at other zoos I’ve been to. The one thing that I was extremely disappointed about was the Elephant exhibit. The elephants living space was filled with feces. The elephants also looked very unhealthy. They had patches of skin that didn’t match the rest of there body.

The zoo was very small, We looked at all of the exhibits within an hour. El Paso Zoo is not the best place to go, if you plan on spending the whole day out. There was only one exhibit that really deserves any praise. This was the sea lions. We were able to view them either underground or above. The above ground view wasn’t really interesting. The underground view, was magnificent, on the other hand. I felt like I was in an aquatic cave. There was seating and hug glass windows underground. We sat there in awe, watching the beautiful sea

lions jump and play. After seeing all of the animals, we decided to eat our lunch. My husband got it out of the car and we sat on one of their many picnic tables. This seemed all well and good until we were surrounded by pigeons. This was completely uncomfortable to me, because I am afraid of pigeons. They were very comfortable staring at us and watching us. I’m used to pigeons that run. I couldn’t enjoy my food, and we had to leave early.

All in all this zoo is reasonable. It is much better for the kids than the adults. So if you take your kids here, be ready for boredom. If you are not to fond of pigeons, I wouldn’t plan on eating at this zoo. I was inclined to call a vet to check the animals, because they looked so sickly. They didn’t really have any winter animals available, and really need to spend more money on their exhibits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5927061160761230/k2311a0627/6.27.10