Optimum Regular Strength Hair Relaxer
  • It is definitely worth it to pay the extra 3 or 4 dollars
  • I think the pretreatment contributes to the effect this relaxer has

• by adrean_j

I am always treating my hair, to try to get it to look decently. I get tired of the rough edges, dry hair and dry scalp. 99 percent of relaxers result in my hair being brittle, and something like a brillo pad. I hate when my hair gets like this, but it was the only way to get my hair straight for the longest time. One relaxer that I have used works much better than all of the rest. I recently gave up relaxing my hair, but if I didn’t I would surely stick to using Optimum brand no lye relaxer at regular strength. I’ve been trying

to get my mom to use this relaxer for years, but she won’t because of the price. It is one of the more pricier brands, selling at around 9 bucks. It is definitely worth it to pay the extra 3 or 4 dollars. When You first open the Optimum, you can tell it is different from other brands. There is a pretreatment that can be applied before relaxing, and a special leave in conditioner to treat your hair after the relaxer.

Optimum is fairly easy to use, having a number system. Each part is clearly labeled, so there are no mistakes. The instructions are detailed, and leave

almost no room for error. I apply the relaxer and have no problems. This is the only relaxer I can use and keep in for the full suggested time. I often have to wash them out early, but I could actually allow it to stay in my hair for twenty minutes. When it’s time to wash it out the shampoo is excellent. I love how fruity it smells. It had kind of a tropical aroma to it. It reminded something of the herbal essence shampoo, but not as strong. I only have to wash my hair two times. I’ve always hated washing my hair 3 or ...

• Optimum Regular Strength Hair Relaxer
      4 times to get the relaxer out. The conditioner is thick, and perfect for my type of hair. It fully condition my hair and I could feel how smooth my hair was as I was rinsing it.

After rinsing, I apply the leave in conditioner and can comb through my hair with ease. I can honestly say I don’t feel any kinks. My roots were smooth, and my scalp doesn’t get damaged. I think the pretreatment contributes to the effect this relaxer has. I never need to use a flat iron after using this relaxer. I can simply blow dry my hair and add just a tad of

moisturizing lotion. This relaxer is much better than others because it does the job, and doesn’t destroy my hair more. It is really thick, and that is why I think it works well. Other relaxers, even at the super strength, can be watery. With Optimum I don’t even have to use the whole jar. My mom has always asked me about my hair after using this relaxer. I keep telling her the brand, but she refuses to pay the prices.

This is the most trusted relaxer out. People with a lot of kinks should definitely give this a try. People with sensitive scalps should also use the Optimum relaxer.

Sandra says :

I have been cautious of my hair ever since I started Perming, and I have been trying all kind of Hair products since no product tends to suits my sensitive hair until a friend recommended Optimum Regular hair relaxer for a try and to tell you the truth this product totally RUINED my hair from BAD to WORSE, it deprived it of Moisture, started having splits ends, hard texture and to top it all my hair started changing my natural color to golden yellow. Again,anytime i had a retouch, i would always end up in burns. Well everyone have their favorites and am not trying to sway anyone from this product am just sharing my experience but if you want to have a try go ahead but pray you come out safely. seriously from a sister, a word to the wise is enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127061160541230/k2311a0627/6.27.10