Movie Called W.  » Movies  »
  • Sometimes I think hes too driven in the movie as he doesn't think things over enough
  • What I Don't Like About the Movie The thing that I don't like about W
  • Karl Rove The Adviser to Bush in the film is like the walking encyclopedia of the film always carrying around books looking to find the best information on the issues
  • As I watch the film the motive of going into Iraq and removing Saddam Hussein from power was not just the Weapons of Mass Destruction but instead it seems like theirs a more personal issue that Bush is trying to accomplish by removing Saddam from power

• by MikeyM472

W.

This movie is based on the life of President George W. Bush. Every time I say W. in this review I am referring to President George W. Bush. After all this film is called W.,lol. I can’t think of a more simple name for a film.

The Attitude of W.

The movie paints W. as a very driven man who hates losing. Sometimes I think hes too driven in the movie as he doesn’t think things over enough. W. doesn’t like thinking that much,lol. Just see what he says about thinking in the film.

What I Do Like About the Movie

What I really admire about the film is how W. overcame some of the biggest obstacles in his life that make the film worth while. I think this where many could relate to W.

What I Don’t Like About the Movie

The thing that I don’t like about W. during the film is he gets many jobs in the film every time his father would snap his finger(so it seems) while people would be happy to find work and make a living. He just doesn’t appreciate it.

Dick Cheney

All of

the Cabinet members of W. are in the film such as Vice President Cheney who’s on his own planet mindwise and doesn’t seem to acknowledge anybody’s view about things. This is much the same way he seems to criticize Barack Obama on many issues. Still I think the movie shows Cheney’s valuable knowledge about things and how it helped W.

Colin Powell

Powell then (Secretary of State when W. was President) seems to be the only one staying grounded and keeping things realistic while not jumping in on the hype that so many had on invading Iraq. As a former soldier himself Powell to me had the U.S. Troops best interest at heart during the movie while all the other politicians around him took the military for granted.

Karl Rove

The Adviser to Bush in the film is like the walking encyclopedia of the film always carrying around books looking to find the best information on the issues. Rove really was that person in the earlier parts of the life of W. Who gave him that boost in confidence that he needed when he had his doubts about ...

• things. I wish they would of included that silly dancing on stage he did in real life in the movie.

The Other Cabinet Members

There all in the movie including Condoleezza Rice(National Security Adviser and later Secretary of State),Donald Rumsfeld(Secretary of Defense), and so on are all in the film. However, the people reviewed above are the ones that really stand out for me the most.

George Bush Senior

Yes, the parents of W. are in the film and his father looks nothing like George Bush Senior in real life. Everybody else looks much like the real characters they portray. Also I would say Bush Senior is the second most influential person in the film.

The Iraq Invasion

When watching the movie its like George W. Bush had already made up his mind on Iraq long before he became president. As I watch the film the motive of going into Iraq and removing Saddam Hussein from power was not just the Weapons of Mass Destruction but instead it seems like theirs a more personal issue that Bush is trying to accomplish by removing Saddam from power. I’m not trying to

get political but watch the movie and decide for yourself.

My Disagreements With W.

I believe that W. took the focus of the main war in Afghanistan that should have continued to be the main focus instead of going off and invading Iraq. Oh yeah, just recently the war in Afghanistan is still going on which recently surpassed Vietnam on being the longest war in U.S. history. Maybe if Bush hadn’t went through with invading Iraq than the war in Afghanistan wouldn’t still be going on, or at the least the country would be stable enough to withdraw U.S. Troops.

Conclusion

I really don’t know how accurate the film truly is about the events that went on in the life W. Some of it has to be speculation. What I do believe about W. is his 2 terms as president were easily among the toughest years a president could have compared to most past U.S. Presidents. To end this review I would say the film was entertaining but I think it was too soon to make a movie on W. After all when this film came out he was still president,lol.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127061160491230/k2311a0627/6.27.10