Maybelline - Fresh Matte: All day matte foundation  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • Following this kind of advice, I bought Maybelline Fresh Matte - All day matte foundation so that my make up would look better
  • What is more, I don't think the foundation made a great difference in terms of how long (or how well) my make-up stayed on
  • Finally, the foundation definitely did not control my skin's shine, even when combined with powder
  • An additional problem was finding a shade of the foundation that would look most natural on my skin
  • However, while my personal experience with Maybelline Fresh Matte foundation was rathe r discouraging, I don't think this must be true in case of all the users of this product

• by Rachel Evans

As you undoubtedly have read in many articles concerning the proper application of make-up, it supposedly last bests when you have used a foundation underneath. Following this kind of advice, I bought Maybelline Fresh Matte - “All day matte foundation” so that my make up would look better. However, this product didn’t quite work out for me.

Basically, having used this foundation, the skin on my face felt all heavy and sticky. Mind that I wasn’t using a lot of the product: there wasn’t actually a thick layer of foundation on

my face, I just felt as if there had been. What is more, I don’t think the foundation made a great difference in terms of how long (or how well) my make-up stayed on. Indeed, I later used my eye shadows without putting the the foundation on first, and from what I observed, they kept on just as well on their own as with the foundation. Finally, the foundation definitely did not control my skin’s shine, even when combined with powder.

An additional problem was finding a shade of the ...

• foundation that would look most natural on my skin. As I’m naturally quite pale, I first bought Maybelline Fresh Matte in the “Fair” shade; yet, although it looked well when I tried it in the shop, it made me appear paler than usual in regular daylight. Conversely, the “Nude” shade was just a bit too dark; it was quite easy to notice that I was using foundation. I definitely didn’t look as “natural” as the packaging promised me to appear.

rathe r discouraging, I don’t think this must be true in case of all the users of this product. Even though my skin and my complexion have some peculiarities that require me to do more than just choose a product from a shelf, this is hardly the fault of Maybelline Fresh Matte. Thus, I would say that it might be a good idea to try this foundation out - if, for instance, some friend uses it, you might ask them for a sample - and check it out for yourself before buying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127061160461230/k2311a0627/6.27.10