Kayangan Lake, Coron, Palawan  » Travel  »
Kayangan Lake, Coron, Palawan, Philippines, 5316
  • There was an entrance fee, although I think it was just minimal, I’m not sure about the amount because it was already included in our tour package
  • I highly recommend taking the time to listen first, because it would just bring you more appreciation of the lake and how the locals regard the lake as one of their holy places

• by ingking

When my friends and I took a trip to Coron, Palawan, we really asked our tour guide to include Kayangan Lake in our itinerary. Recently Kayangan Lake was featured on the cover of Time Magazine, and since then, it shot up to popularity, prompting locals like us, and foreigners to visit this beautiful place.

When we arrived, we were welcomed by the local natives who are the caretakers of the lake. There was an entrance fee, although I think it was just minimal, I’m not sure about the amount because it was already included in our tour package. One local gave us

a brief history of the lake, and how the lake is part of their lives. I highly recommend taking the time to listen first, because it would just bring you more appreciation of the lake and how the locals regard the lake as one of their holy places.

To get to the Kayangan lake, you have to trek through stairs carved in the side of the mountain that is enclosing the lake it’s not that high and quite secure, it would take you about 10 to 15 minutes to reach the top. Once there, you’ll see a full view of the lake,

• and I assure you, you will be stuck in your place and your jaw will drop, because it is really as gorgeous in the pictures as it is in real life.

The lake itself is quite deep, but there are rafts there which you can ride and row around the lake, it is highly recommended that you wear life vests while there, because as I said, the lake is deep, and it’s really just better to be careful.

There are also fishes that swim around, and you can actually feed them, so bring bread if you can. The fishes will swarm you once

you feed them, and it’s downright scary at times, because there are just too many of them swimming at your feet, and it can really tickle.

Make sure that you follow the rules of the locals, and don’t throw garbage anywhere the place. It’s a highly sacred place for the locals, so it’s really best that we respect it as much as they do. All in all, this is really one of the most beautiful places that I have seen, and it’s really one of those places that you should visit and see before you die. It is an experience of a lifetime.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3827061160381230/k2311a0627/6.27.10