Samsung Syncmaster 551 15″ white CRT Monitor  » Computers  »
1.5
  • It wasn't the best looking monitor, but at that time, I was so amazed, I didn't care
  • I thought it would last with me for a lifetime, but I was terribly wrong
  • I was beginning to regret having bought it
  • I had it repaired at a local computer shop, and they were able to fix the problem
  • I bought a new one by the way, but of course, from a different brand

• by Shuyi

When I was in high school, I was so overwhelmed when mom brought our very first desktop computer. I oohhhed and ahhhed at how cool it was back then. Our monitor was a Samsung Syncmaster 551 15″ white CRT Monitor. It wasn’t the best looking monitor, but at that time, I was so amazed, I didn’t care. The color quality was basically good, I could adjust it anyway I wanted. My hopes were so high at that time; I thought it would

last with me for a lifetime, but I was terribly wrong. A year later, it sucked!

I was beginning to regret having bought it. It can easily be smudged by dirt because of its white casing. The monitor’s body itself is very bulky! I had difficulty transferring it from one location to another. It’s physical appearance could have been forgiven, but I was terribly upset when its performance began dwindling into lower heights. I did not expect it. Samsung, a well respected brand ...

• failed me!

It failed me because it was not the quality monitor that I expected. The on/off button was malfunctioning. When I hit the on button, it would not budge. I had to press it several times just to turn on the monitor! It took so much of my time! Sometimes, while I’m using it, the monitor would blink on and off rapidly, and then moments later it turns off. I had to turn it back on again! It was really frustrating!

I had it repaired at a local computer shop, and they were able to fix the problem. A week later the symptoms returned. I was really disappointed. This continued for several years until just recently, my monitor finally died. I was so glad it did! I bought a new one by the way, but of course, from a different brand.

This monitor is not worth a penny. It starts off good, but it crashes a year later. Not a smart buy at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1927061160261130/k2311a0627/6.27.10