Holland America Alaska Cruise  » Travel  »
  • We were praying we wouldnt be disappointed
  • Cost wise of Holland America was awesome for what you get
  • Out of all the Alaskan Cruises we looked at Holland America had the best rates for the week long cruise
  • I recommend it to anyone who just wants a week to relax and enjoy some amazing sights and scenery

• by RedPrince

My wife and I wanted to do something specile for our 2 year wedding annivisity and we had heard a few good things about Alaskan Cruises. We only had a week to plan and pick a cruise line that was leaving during the week we had off, and Holland America was the one we had to take. Now being this was our first cruise, my first time every leaving Canada.

We were praying we wouldnt be disappointed. The ship we ended up getting was called the Statendam.

First off the ship was AMAZINGLY beautiful and well kept and clean. There was ship maps

every few hundred feet incase u got lost or just wnated to know where something was, without having to waste anytime searching for it.

The staff that Holland America hires are so friendly and helpful its uncanny. Never once did i see one of them without a smile on their faces, anytime you walked by them they smiled widener and greeted you, anytime u needed help or had a question, they were more then eager to help you as best they could.

Many times going out of their way to help you or even just to stop and chat for awhile about random events ...

• that were happening on the ship. Cost wise of Holland America was awesome for what you get.

Out of all the Alaskan Cruises we looked at Holland America had the best rates for the week long cruise. All the food on the ship is free and you can eat as much as you want (i gained 13lbs in a week!) Even the drinks were cheap and tasty and if there was a drink you wanted that they didnt have, all you had to do was tell them how it was made and they made it for you as a lower cost.

I didnt know

how to make one of the drinks i wanted and the bartender actually that night went online and foudn out hwo to make it, the next night when we went out to the lounge to dance and have a few cocktails he quickly brought me one on the house. I was very impressed.

Holland America is a good Cruise line for all ages and have a wide virority of activities for all. Now for what you all wanted to hear, Alaska was EPIC! So beautiful, so fresh, so surreal, and breath taking.

I recommend it to anyone who just wants a week to relax and enjoy some amazing sights and scenery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3827061160161130/k2311a0627/6.27.10