Medieval II Total War Real Time Strategy Game
  • One of the best real time strategy games I have ever played is Medieval II Total War
  • I found this helpful especially when I already conquered half of Europe
  • This problem will be solved using priest which spreads Catholic beliefs in that settlement
  • I think this system is good but it makes the game more challenging

• by greencard13

Total War series always gives me a good time playing and releasing the conqueror inside me. One of the best real time strategy games I have ever played is Medieval II Total War. I got the game by searching online for the new installment of Total War series and after Rome its expansion set Barbarian Invasion rules the world of RTS games, they are replaced by much better game from Total War and it is Medieval II.

I have never tried playing the first installment of Medieval because it is rare and I cannot find it in any gaming store so I skipped it and I immediately played Medieval II Total War,

the setting is in the medieval Europe wherein the Roman Catholic Church is the heart of all the religion second to Islam. Europe is in deep turmoil because all the leaders’ wants to expand their power and this will result in the clash of nations. I played as Denmark because it is strategically located on top portion of the map where the snow and forest are the best defense against the conquerors. The game is great but it will give you a heavy task of micro managing your faction even the families and the economy. The good thing is they have the auto system which will give the players the freedom ...

• to allow the AI to upgrade a town depending on what is your priority. I found this helpful especially when I already conquered half of Europe.

The game features the religion system which is first introduced in Barbarian Invasion; if you are a Catholic and you conquered an Islamic nation the settlement will develop an unrest which will negative impact on tax collection and public order. This problem will be solved using priest which spreads Catholic beliefs in that settlement. In Muslim Imam are present and the Orthodox Christian have Orthodox priest. I think this system is good but it makes the game more challenging. To get the best game play

experience you must set the difficulty of campaign map and battle into hard, do this if you are a pro. If you are still a newbie stick to normal and switch to hard later doing this will make the game more realistic and exciting.

In my personal opinion Medieval II Total War is a good game with a good game play but it do not have a plot because the game is designed to be like that. If you are one of the people who love management and battle games then Medieval II is the game for you and I’m sure that you will enjoy every bit of this game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2827061160081130/k2311a0627/6.27.10