Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine HCl)  » Medicine  »
  • When I told friends at work about the experience, several told me they had good results with the drug too

• by reviewabit

When I injured my back at work a couple of years ago, the pain was excruciating. A pulled muscle led to my entire back locking up and kept me flat on the bed for three days. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Flexeril,or cyclobenzaprine HCL, a muscle relaxer.

I was to take three 5 milligram a day for two weeks or until my back had healed a bit. I did not notice much difference after the first dose, but that may have been because of the

activity of getting in and out to see the doctor.

After I had the second dose, two things happened. I got sleepy and relaxed, and my muscles finally eased up a bit.

I was able to walk, slowly, on my own. I rested for much of that day and the next day after taking the third dose, although I was much too relaxed for my own good, I was almost free from the gripping pain.

The painkillers I had taken did not accomplish this, only this ...

• Godsend muscle relaxer. When I told friends at work about the experience, several told me they had good results with the drug too.

When I injured my back again last year, I asked for it by name. Again, the pain eased and I was able to gently get back to my routine.

I did not have side effects from Flexeril other than the relaxed, sleepy feeling, and that seemed to clear a bit once I had it in my system for a few days anyway.

It didn’t interfere with anything I was doing or cause me to oversleep.

I just “chilled” a lot. I’ve started having some chronic back problems and now I have a standing prescription for this drug to help me get through painful flare ups.

I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. If you have any kind of muscle spasm issues, and can tolerate the sleepiness for a few days or so, this is a medication well worth trying.

It has been an absolute lifesaver for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2625061159740330/k2311a0625/6.25.10