Movie: Airplane II
2.5
  • In other words, it’s an average movie that is worth watching at least once if you are bored but you shouldn’t expect it to be the best movie you have ever seen either

• by Review Vigilante

I had a longer lunch yesterday than usual and ended up being able to watch the movie Airplane II: The Sequel. It had been a while since I saw the movie so it was almost as though I was seeing it for the first time.

And, after seeing it, I ended up with the same impression I had the times I had seen it before then; it was an OK

movie that just fails to live up to the first one.

I will give the writers some credit.

Rather than doing a simple sequel, they decided to take things a bit further and have the movie take place in space and have a disaster spoof centering around the world’s first passenger space shuttle.

However, other than that, most of the gags were either too similar to the original movie or ...

• just didn’t follow through enough.

I did like how the movie made an attempt to spoof the film 2001 and, for the most part, that was somewhat funny.

But, there way too many other parts of the film that weren’t nearly as funny (and, in many cases, not funny at all) that just got dragged out; like the writers hoped, after seeing the same scene for several minutes, you might

think it was funny.

I would rate this movie a bit higher than some other spoof type movies that are out there.

But, I would rank quite a few above it too.

In other words, it’s an average movie that is worth watching at least once if you are bored but you shouldn’t expect it to be the best movie you have ever seen either.

Perhaps that’s why it wasn’t very memorable the first times I saw it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125061159560330/k2311a0625/6.25.10