Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • What I liked about this product was that it was definitely affordable at just around $4 at ULTA and most drug stores
  • I found it to be moisturizing, true to color and providing me with good lip coverage

• by Liberty

In my quest to find the perfect red lipstick I came across Rimmel’s Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Red Alert.’ I don’t often buy Rimmel products for ethical reasons, but being on a tight budget and finding it increasingly hard to find an affordable red lipstick anywhere I made a very special exception. I had tried Rimmel’s products before and some were good, others were not. Their lipsticks have always been a hit or miss with me, usually a miss so I was skeptical but thought it was at least worth trying. The following are my pros and cons for this

Rimmel red lipstick.

I’ll start off with the pros to this lipstick first. What I liked about this product was that it was definitely affordable at just around $4 at ULTA and most drug stores. It’s an easy product to find because it’s one of Rimmel’s most popular lipstick line that’s sold anywhere that Rimmel products are sold. I found it to be moisturizing, true to color and providing me with good lip coverage. I also liked that it didn’t smell or taste bad, and it didn’t accentuate the lines on my lips or slide around, which is something that I’ve ...

• had problems with when it came to other Rimmel lipsticks, even from the same line but with different colors. Most importantly, I really liked the color, it’s exactly the red color I was looking for but it was a really close one and still a good color in it’s own right.

Now for the negative aspects to Rimmel’s Moisture Renew lipstick in ‘Red Alert.’ What I didn’t like or thought could be improved on with this lipstick is that I found it to bleed. But that I mean, it tends bleed out around the natural lines of my lips, making it

look sloppy. It also doesn’t seem to have good staying power either. It’s almost as bad as a lip gloss in that area, and it rubs off way too easily, again like a lip gloss. There’s nothing I hate more than having to constantly check on my makeup and reapply lipstick.

Overall though, it’s just an okay lipstick in general. The color is nice but you’d definitely need some sort of lip primer or lipstick sealer to keep the color locked in and lasting longer for it to be worth spending the money on, even if it’s only $4 a tube.

Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125061159460230/k2311a0625/6.25.10