The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter book  » Books  »
  • I love to read, heck, I love it so much I decided to become a writer so I could write my own stories
  • Sure, I've had my taste of them and enjoyed it for a few years, eventually I grew tired of them because they all started to sound the same

• by Liberty

I love to read, heck, I love it so much I decided to become a writer so I could write my own stories. My background is in journalism though, which has taught me a lot about writing, research and the nitty gritty bits of writing that creative writing or majoring in English probably wouldn’t have taught me. One thing I’ve had drilled into my head is the keep to becoming a good writer is to read, read, read, and read more. Especially read things

you enjoy and would like to write about.

For the longest time I had steered clear of romance novels. Sure, I’ve had my taste of them and enjoyed it for a few years, eventually I grew tired of them because they all started to sound the same. Fast forward ten years later and I come across a new genre I had never heard of, paranormal romance. Now, these were my kind of books. Since then I’ve tried many other authors, but I’ve mostly stuck to one, Karen Marie Moning. Then one day I decided to pick up a Gena Showalter book on whim, and I enjoyed it. Nothing else seem to grasp me though until she came out with her Lords of the Underworld series. I was hooked.

‘The Darkest Passion’ is the fifth book in her Lords of the Underworld series, and it’s by far my favorite because it features my favorite Lord, Aeron. I’m a sucker for men with wings and tattoos. Aeron is the stereotypical hero ...

• The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter book
      who doesn’t want to be a hero. He’s tormented, slightly self-loathing and has decided he would live out his miserable life alone and not get attach to anyone. ‘The Darkest Passion’ brings the stoic, humorless Aeron a woman he can’t resist, Olivia, an honest to God angel.

I absolutely love this book because it’s probably the most humorous one out of the series. I had so many laugh out loud moments I lost count. It was hard not to love Olivia, she was adorably

naive and naughty all in one package. Showalter even shows a different side of Aeron that no one, not even he’s seen before or knew existed. Even more so, the plot thickens around their search for the ancient relics, more twist on turns come forward about the Titan gods and other demon possessed. And we really get to see how Legion thinks and feels.

As I said before, I love this book. It made me laugh, cringe, cry and laugh some more. It’s definitely a book worth reading.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1725061159450230/k2311a0625/6.25.10