Apple Ipod Shuffle 2 GB Second Generation  » Electronics  »
  • Before, a music aficionados dream of stacking up albums and catalogues of music would definitely be the selling point of a digital player, but now I’ve realized because of the readiness of music in just a twitch of a muscle, it’s tedious to go through one’s vast collection of songs and that having plenty of storage can be like arduously browsing shelves of books in a library
  • I love just putting all my favorites in a single roll
  • Because I always have my roots as an electronica fan, I like blasting sound
  • I can’t increase the sound as loud as I want but I actually agree with its milder tone for a safer way to enjoy music
  • If you’re a no-frills casual-listener then I definitely recommend you get this practical music player

• by jhunie

I’m not an ardent consumer of apple gadgets. Their products may live up to the hype but I don’t personally prefer a sugary fanfare of electronics, nor do I share the pleasure of playing with techie objects. When it comes to multimedia devices, I usually go for the indie brands that are not so heard of. I still watch movies with my Sansa view in my spare time. But the music player’s driver has been showing signs of old age. I also badly needed a simple analog mp3 device to play music when I’m traveling. My old sansa was large to fit squarely inside my pocket, even bigger than my cellphone. My sister isn’t a hardcore music fan so she gave me her ipod shuffle that had been sitting in her drawer untouched for months. This technically breaks my pledge not to buy apple products but for the first time, I felt glad to have owned one.

Receiving the tiny ipod shuffle fulfills my wish of getting an analog mp3 player. Before, a music aficionados dream of stacking up albums and catalogues of music would definitely be the selling point of a digital player, but now I’ve realized because of the readiness of music in just a twitch of a muscle, it’s tedious to go through one’s vast collection of

songs and that having plenty of storage can be like arduously browsing shelves of books in a library. Now I would appreciate if I can just organize my songs to a concentrated playlist, since I don’t really have the luxury of time to listen gigabytes worth of songs. This ipod is so cool I can just squeeze 30 songs in it for a moment and go about my usual activities without a bulky gadget in tow. It’s similar to listening to a radio where you just listen through songs thrown randomly in the air instead of constantly pressing buttons to select a particular music or changing the tune because you don’t like the song.

I love just putting all my favorites in a single roll. My sansa view stops at the end of the playlist until I totally forget it. The shuffle is appropriately called so because it can either play randomly or in order. I stick to a particular list, sometimes for casually killing the time or when I feel like listening to sleepy songs as my lullaby at night. Its analog controls are easy to use. The control pad, despite its forward and backward selection, allows me to skim through songs. The volume control is easy to adjust as well. Because I always have my roots as ...

• an electronica fan, I like blasting sound. I can’t increase the sound as loud as I want but I actually agree with its milder tone for a safer way to enjoy music. I’ve always been contemplating on caring for my hearing due to all the abuses I’ve inflicted to it as an impassioned audiophile, and this device is just a good venue to start with that.

Regarding sound quality, the shuffle is an average music player. Its bass is useless for listening loud electronic beats. However, the sound is good enough if you’re not really the type who fusses too much about its quality. So far, I love listening to melancholic classical music with it even though it doesn’t get hair-raising enough to be an effective source of daily reflection. The notes are still recognizable, though the faint melodies fade in the background as low as humming dead air. Sometimes, playing in random can be boring, much worse if you’re stuck with the same ho hum list of songs. What I love about it is the sleep function. I can just let it play my lullaby-ish music at night while falling to sleep, I needn’t pause and have a conscious intent at turning off the device because the device goes into sleep mode after some 30 minutes of inactivity.

The best

thing is the small built of the gadget itself. I can’t recount all the times it slipped off my hands or getting buried under layers of sheets, yet it’s still as good as new. The metal case, as with most ipod gadgets, proved to be quite sturdy. Of course it’s not hard enough to resist some dents and occasional scratches but still looking hot in pink. The metal clip is so handy when I’m out and about doing walks or traveling. It clasps so tightly that I feel comfortable moving freely. It’s enabled with a light signal which until now is still something I can’t understand. My only problem is the charging time because it’s hard to figure out if it’s fully charged. I also hate that they came up with their own charger instead of a universal one since the gadget isn’t installed with a usb jack, only the sound jack itself which means you can’t listen while it’s charged.

It’s a bit pricey compared to other digital players costing around 70 dollars up. I suggest you buy the late generations because they’re priced lower than the current ones. If you’re a no-frills casual-listener then I definitely recommend you get this practical music player.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625061159430230/k2311a0625/6.25.10