The Rolling Stones - I’m Going Down (Song)  » Music  »
2.5
  • Jagger soon comes in with the vocals which sound sort of sloppy in my opinion and aren’t anything that special
  • However, one nice thing about this track is that the bass line sounds pretty interesting, although it’s far too low in the mix, but this is something positive I can say about the track thus far
  • Unfortunately, my impression of this song is that it’s an extremely generic rock song which tries to incorporate some unique aspects, such as outside instrumentation such as a saxophone, but it doesn’t really work for me that well
  • However, at the same time I would fail to see how someone could be really impressed by this track

• by Grimmy101

I’m Going Down is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Metamorphosis. The song starts out in sort of a generic rock sound which I swear I’ve heard from The Rolling Stones and various other bands countless times, but I’ll move on from here.

Jagger soon comes in with the vocals which sound sort of sloppy in my opinion and aren’t anything that special.

However, one nice thing about this track is that the bass line sounds pretty

interesting, although it’s far too low in the mix, but this is something positive I can say about the track thus far.

At about a minute into the track after the first chorus some random instruments come in which don’t work all that well but at the same time don’t sound completely out of place, they just sort of caught me off guard as I didn’t expect to hear a saxophone or some distinct percussion.

Although Jagger’s vocal deliveries have pretty much ...

• always struck me as sort of sloppy, it really gets in the way of this song in my opinion and he just doesn’t seem to be fully with the music, but this is just my opinion.

Unfortunately, my impression of this song is that it’s an extremely generic rock song which tries to incorporate some unique aspects, such as outside instrumentation such as a saxophone, but it doesn’t really work for me that well.

I will say that the flow of the

song is nice but the parts themselves are really nothing all that impressive and there wasn’t anything in this song which would really make me want to listen to it often.

The track isn’t terrible or anything, it just isn’t really worth listening to in my opinion as it’s just a generic rock song.

Certainly this isn’t a song a person wouldn’t enjoy listening to.

However, at the same time I would fail to see how someone could be really impressed by this track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1425061159280230/k2311a0625/6.25.10