The Rolling Stones - Lady Jane (Song)
  • When I first listened to this track I wasn’t all that impressed with it but I think I’m beginning to develop an appreciation for the song
  • The song is extremely melodic and although I first found the song to just sort of go around in circles, I’m starting to like the mood that the Rolling Stones establish on this track because it’s quite a contrast from their typical rock and roll sound, it’s pretty interesting to be honest
  • Initially I found the track to sound empty but now I think that the Stones make excellent use of limited instrumentation to create a pretty nice full sound without overloading the song with outside or unneeded instrumentation
  • Although you may not enjoy it the first listen or two, I’d really recommend giving this song a chance as it’s actually a pretty good piece of music that shouldn’t just be dismissed or ignored after the initial listen

• by Grimmy101

Lady Jane is a song by The Rolling Stones which appears on their album Aftermath. When I first listened to this track I wasn’t all that impressed with it but I think I’m beginning to develop an appreciation for the song.

Lady Jane has a very English sounding tone to it, both due to Jagger’s vocal delivery but also because of the music itself

and the instrumentation.

The song features no drums and only features Jagger, a guitar, a dulcimer, what sounds like a harpsichord, and possibly another instrument which I can’t really distinguish.

The song is extremely melodic and although I first found the song to just sort of go around in circles, I’m starting to like the mood that the Rolling Stones establish on this track ...

• because it’s quite a contrast from their typical rock and roll sound, it’s pretty interesting to be honest.

Initially I found the track to sound empty but now I think that the Stones make excellent use of limited instrumentation to create a pretty nice full sound without overloading the song with outside or unneeded instrumentation.

Although the structure is pretty repetitive throughout the song,

I’d urge a listener to really give this song a chance.

Although you may not enjoy it the first listen or two, I’d really recommend giving this song a chance as it’s actually a pretty good piece of music that shouldn’t just be dismissed or ignored after the initial listen.

Not your typical song from The Rolling Stones, but certainly one to check out nonetheless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1425061159250230/k2311a0625/6.25.10