The Velvet Underground - That’s The Story Of My Life (Song)
2.0
  • The song starts out in a very lighthearted mood and it has almost a childish tone to it in my opinion due to the very light guitar riff mixed with Reed’s delicate vocal delivery
  • The song doesn’t strike me as all that well written and I wouldn’t recommend this as one of the tracks to look into for The Velvet Underground

• by Grimmy101

That’s The Story Of My Life is a song by The Velvet Underground which appears on their third and self-titled record. The song starts out in a very lighthearted mood and it has almost a childish tone to it in my opinion due to the very light guitar riff mixed with Reed’s delicate vocal delivery.

The bass

line under the guitar part has a nice rhythm, but otherwise the rest of the song just sort of goes by without leaving too much impression on me, the lyrics are far too repetitive and I’m not a huge fan of the overall atmosphere which is established on this song.

A guitar solo comes in about halfway through the song, but like the rest of the song, it just sort of passes by without leaving any notable impression on me and it didn’t really seem to add all that much to the song itself.

Thankfully this track is only about two minutes long, as it couldn’t really go on for much longer without truly ...

• The Velvet Underground - That's The Story Of My Life (Song)
      dragging out, and in my opinion there just isn’t anything on here that makes the track really worth listening to.

As I already stated, the lyrics are extremely repetitive and once you hear the first few lines, you’ve pretty much heard the whole song, musically, vocally, and lyrically.

The song doesn’t strike me as all that well

written and I wouldn’t recommend this as one of the tracks to look into for The Velvet Underground.

I’m actually somewhat surprised because generally Reed puts out music which is significantly better than this track: this song honestly strikes me as if it was rushed to be put on the album and serves only as filler, not really something worth listening to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1425061159150230/k2311a0625/6.25.10