Snickers Ice Cream Bars  » Food  »
  • All four flavors shine and all four flavors go well together, and because the ice cream bars are basically almost equivalent to the size of Snickers King Size candy bars, there's definitely a lot to enjoy
  • These ice cream bars taste the best during the summer, when everything just feels so hot and sticky and at times downright miserable, especially when the temperature is inching towards the one-hundred degree mark
  • This ice cream bar delivers chilling relief and delicious flavor all at the same time
  • The peanut naturally have a more subdued flavor than the other flavors found in this Snickers Ice Cream Bar, but they were nonetheless a welcomed part that I enjoyed

• by CirclingCanvas

The Snickers Ice Cream Bar is most certainly an improvement over the regular Snickers candy bar. The Snickers Ice Cream bar brings the flavors of vanilla, chocolate, caramel and peanuts all together in the form of a frosty treat that is really scrumptious! All four flavors shine and all four flavors go well together, and because the ice cream bars are basically almost equivalent to the size of Snickers King Size candy bars, there’s definitely

a lot to enjoy! These ice cream bars taste the best during the summer, when everything just feels so hot and sticky and at times downright miserable, especially when the temperature is inching towards the one-hundred degree mark. This ice cream bar delivers chilling relief and delicious flavor all at the same time.

Tasty chocolate is what holds the contents of the Snickers Ice Cream Bar all together. The milk chocolate is real pleasant to the taste, although I do think the regular Snickers candy bar has a slightly better tasting and thicker coating of chocolate. Beyond the chocolate, there’s vanilla ice cream. The vanilla ice cream is plentiful and rich. Accompanying the vanilla ice cream is a layer of caramel, which is richer than the vanilla, although I do wish that more caramel would’ve been added to this frozen treat as I didn’t taste quite as much as I would’ve ...

• Snickers Ice Cream Bars
      liked. The crunchy peanuts added both texture to an otherwise smooth and soft frozen treat and flavor, too. The peanut naturally have a more subdued flavor than the other flavors found in this Snickers Ice Cream Bar, but they were nonetheless a welcomed part that I enjoyed.

While the milk chocolate portion of this ice cream bar could have been thicker and tastier and it would have been nice too if more caramel had been added,

I still quite like this ice cream bar and find it to be an enjoyable treat that leaves me feeling reasonably satisfied upon finishing. Six large bars come in a pack and they generally sell for around three dollars or so a box. That’s a fair price to pay for a treat that’s above average in quality in my view, and for all the aforementioned reasons, I’m giving this ice cream bar from Snickers an “8″ rating.

Marie c Fedorah Joseph says :

re : This ice cream bar delivers chilling relief and delicious flavor all at the same time
it is true that this ice cream bar is a relief specially when youre hungry

CirclingCanvas replies :

Well, I mainly meant that it provides chilling relief during the hot dog days of summer, but yeah, I suppose it could hit the spot when those pesky hunger cravings kick in, too.

Emma says :

I agree a Snickers Ice Cream bar always sounds great on a hot summers day. It always hits the spot. Definitely a step up from a regular Snickers bar.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Yeah, there’s just something about eating or drinking something nice and cold on a hot summer’s day that makes it taste that much better. Sort of like a hot bowl of chili or stew or soup on a cold winter’s day tastes that much better as well. I suppose you could always just stick a regular old Snickers bar in the freezer for awhile and get it good and cold for a somewhat similar experience, but even then, it wouldn’t be quite the same as a Snickers Ice Cream Bar.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

re : All four flavors shine and all four flavors go well together, and because the ice cream bars are basically almost equivalent to the size of Snickers King Size candy bars, there’s definitely a lot to enjoy
This is my favourite ice cream but I rarely but it because I cannot resist it. I just adore the flavours and as you said they do well together, actually I dare to say that they go perfectly together I really like the combination of chocolate and peanuts, ice creams is delicious too.

CrclingCanvas replies :

That’s a good way to control temptation. If you don’t buy these Snickers Ice Cream Bars, you can’t go overboard with them. As a treat, they are nice once and awhile, so I think it’s okay to buy them every now and again. Better yet, buy a package and share it with friends and/or family members. This way, you won’t go through them all yourself, and you can treat yourself and others in your life to a rich, special treat.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

You are right about that. Sharing is great, although I must say that people usually or adore this treat or do not even want to eat it. For example my sister does not like it at all, and some other friends neither. For that matter, I do not like Twix or Mars, and sometimes two different boxes, for example one of Twix and one of Snickers, but then I get crazy when I see those friends eating the Snickers that they do not like instead of Twix that they do like. I am silly like that I know.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Oh, I’m sure there are plenty of people out there that do not like this kind of ice cream bar. People are going to have different likes and dislikes… just like you aren’t a fan of Twix or Mars. There are plenty of foods that I have no desire to touch, but I know of others that will. Sometimes, people that I know will introduce me to something new that I never thought of trying before, and I’ll end up liking it while other times, I won’t. But, that’s what life is about - making new discoveries.

Travis Nasser says :

re : The peanut naturally have a more subdued flavor than the other flavors found in this Snickers Ice Cream Bar, but they were nonetheless a welcomed part that I enjoyed
My experience consuming this treat was by far one of the best dessert experiences of my life. The multiple flavors are each distinguishable and each one isn’t excessive overshadowing one another. If you love Snickers products in general and an ice cream lover as well, then this is the perfect dessert for you

Travis Nasser says :

I have to be convinced that after eating this even in the hot Florida sun it pops up a cooling umbrella that shields the tropical rays.

Travis Nasser says :

I have always viewed Snickers products as the Holygrail of candy, it’s one of the few products they invented that has the taste of delicious candy with the protein and plant-based and dairy-based fatty acids without the grotesque taste of energy and protein bars, but after discovering the Snickers Ice Cream bar, it’s a great cooling option without the high cost of an air conditioner

Travis Nasser says :

No such thing as perfect but this product comes close.

ANALIDA COROMOTO CISNEROS OROPEZA says :

Snickers ice cream bar is a real flavor explotion because of the strong and delicious peanut, vanilla, milk chocolate and caramel that makes me happy. I can feel all of them mixed in a very slight way, it is a real good option in hot summer or just simple when I want to cheer me up Definitely, Snickers ice cream bar is one of my Snickers favorite products and I know that it is a reward after a long day work.

Tori says :

Before I go into what I would change about this treat, let me first say that, in their own right, these Snickers Ice Cream Bars are absolutely delicious. Cold, refreshing, just the right amount of chocolate and sweetness. They’re perfect for a hot day, or a midnight snack. Plus, they’re surprisingly less caloric than I thought they’d be–much less so than a regular Snickers bar.

That said, these ice cream bars don’t remind me of Snickers candy bars. If you gave me one without telling me what it was, I don’t think Snickers would come to mind. It’s missing that incredible chewy, crunchy mouthfeel that Snickers candy bars has. Sure, there are peanuts and caramel, but, in my opinion, there’s just too much ice cream, and it’s not flavorful enough. I think these would be worlds better with little chunks of nougat mixed in with the ice cream. This would make it much more decadent, more of a real treat, rather than something you might get from the ice cream truck as a kid.

One major plus of these bars is that they are widely available–I picked up a pack recently at my local Target for around $ 5, and I’ve also seen them at various other grocery and convenience stores. All in all, I liked them, but I don’t think I would buy them again–there are better ice cream bars on the market, and if I’m craving Snickers, I’d rather just have the candy bar.

CirclingCanvas replies :

What you suggest would probably make these Snickers Ice Cream Bars taste even better, but it’s possible that the makers behind this ice cream bar wanted to make it an ice cream treat first and foremost, with just a general appearance and taste that might invoke the image of a Snickers candy bar. I imagine it’s not easy coming up with a combination ice cream bar and candy bar frozen treat, and while I agree, the final product could certainly be better, I still think it’s a pretty decent product in its current form.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

I like the regular Snickers a lot but in my opinion the ice cream bar is way more delicious, but that is maybe only because I really like ice cream in general.

CrclingCanvas replies :

That’s probably true. Ice cream makes a lot of food taste better. I myself am not that wild about pumpkin, for example, but pumpkin ice cream? I’ll enjoy that a lot more, for sure. There is a reason there are so many brands, flavors and kinds of ice cream out there, and that’s because many people find ice cream to be a very delicious treat.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

Pumpkin ice cream? They make that? I have never tasted it. Well, what you are saying can be true sometimes but there are cases when ice cream taste way worst then the fruit itself, like watermelons, I adore them, but I really do not like watermelon ice cream.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Pumpkin ice cream is a seasonal thing, at least from what I’ve seen. It’s normally found around October through December. Oh, I’m sure there are some flavors that don’t work well with ice cream, just as some things just taste better in ice cream form. At least there are so many flavors, varieties and brands of ice cream nowadays that most people can find one or two that they really enjoy.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

Talking about varieties, I notices that some ice cream parlors have the snickers flavour but they mostly do not taste like snickers, it is just ice cream with the taste of peanuts, no chocolate chunks or anything crunchy inside. Every time I see a parlor that has snickers flavour I always order a scoop but I always get disappointment. I must admit, original is really the best.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Well, ice cream parlors are like any other business. Some business will put as little effort and money into a product as possible in order to maximize profit. These kinds of businesses will try to pass off a product as being something it is not. Then, there are other businesses that will take pride and care in what they make, even if it means the consumer is going to have to pay more due to the quality of ingredients and the diligent labor. It’s up to you, the consumer, to reward those businesses and companies that make quality products by paying for those products while avoiding businesses and companies that only offer poor or shallow imitations of the real thing.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

Less caloric, really? That info is really great, but here where I live Snickers ice-cream is almost double the price of the Snickers bar. I get what you are saying about the chewy crunchiness, I adore that too, but I do not miss it much in the ice cream.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

I agree with you sooooo much. I really hate that disappointment when you buy an ice-cream and you get something cheap and tasteless. I must stay that I feel that way whenever I buy something and it is not of a good quality. I prefer paying a bit more of a good thing and once I try the ice cream in one parlor if it is not good I never return, so I really think that it is good for business to have quality stuff.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Value is important when deciding on whether or not it’s worth it to spend one’s hard earned money on something. For those that aren’t that wild about frozen desserts, then the candy bar is the better choice. For those not that wild about candy, the frozen dessert may be the better choice. Ultimately, what matters is what you like.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Sometimes, if something is more expensive, it really does end up being superior in quality. Other times though, the price of something isn’t indicative of its quality. Some lower priced items actually are preferred by some people to the more expensive items. It just comes down to personal preference. It’s always a good idea to keep an open mind though and not instantly write something off as not being worth your time or money just because it’s sold at a low price.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

That is true, especially for the well-known brand like Ferrero and Mars Inc. So many times I made a mistake and bought the knock-offs but I stopped doing that because they were never nearly as good. I like saving money so I am always willing to try cheaper products, sometimes they are good and sometimes they aren’t but the fact is that you cannot know until you actually try them.

CrclingCanvas replies :

It comes down to what you can afford. If you can afford to try something new financially, and you want to, you should. If you can’t though, then it’s best to stick with what you know you will like. It comes down to what you want to do with the disposable income that you may have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725061159050230/k2311a0625/6.25.10