Westown Hotel  » Hotels  »
Gilcerio T. Pison, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao,Iloilo City 5000 Philippines
  • After receiving confirmation that a deluxe room as available I thought everything was all set
  • When finally they noticed and talked to me, I said I had a room reservation under my name
  • Albeit the time-consuming and unorganized front desk experience, the hotel was really beautiful
  • Hubby watched movies while I enjoyed their free WiFi
  • We grabbed a snack at their cafe, although a bit pricey their food was delicious

• by starlight

After getting my salary, I treated my hubby for an overnight stay at Westown Hotel. I booked it through text. After receiving confirmation that a deluxe room as available I thought everything was all set.

The next day when we arrived there was a sure test of my patience. Their front desk personnel aren’t as amiable as they’re supposed to be. There were a lot of us waiting there to check in but it took forever for them to accommodate us. Some people that arrived later than us got accommodated first just because they arrived in a nice car and were wearing expensive clothes. This is a sad reality in the Philippines. Customer Service

in most establishments here sucks. They don’t know how to treat every paying customer equally.

When finally they noticed and talked to me, I said I had a room reservation under my name. They told me otherwise. There was no room booked under me and there are also no rooms available. They asked me if I can wait till the afternoon when there’ll be a room available. I said yes but I also called the number that I booked through text. I told her about what happened and she said that she had booked me for that day. I asked her to coordinate with the front desk personnel. After 2 hours of waiting,

• they finally called us that a new room is open. We booked for deluxe room but the only available room that they can give us is a Junior Suite. We ended up paying more.

Albeit the time-consuming and unorganized front desk experience, the hotel was really beautiful. When we arrived at the room, whatever bad mood I had, it got erased. The bed is very comfortable. We slept like babies. There’s a mini living room to lounge around. Hubby watched movies while I enjoyed their free WiFi. The bathroom is luxurious also. Very clean and spacious.

We grabbed a snack at their cafe, although a bit pricey their food was delicious. They

gave us a free pass at El Dorado Waterpark so we went for a midnight dip. El Dorado is beautiful at night with all the lights. The water is cool but not too cold.

Westown’s location is very convenient. After enjoying the midnight swim, we went outside and partied at MO2. Westown is located at Smallville so there are a lot of bars and restaurants that you can choose from. It is also very near the SM mall to go shopping during the day.

Fortunately when we checked out the next day, there were no mishaps. Overall, I would say the hotel is great but they really need to improve their customer service skills.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 225061158680130/k2311a0625/6.25.10